Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Bad river 3-bet?

I'm a little pissed off at this point, but not really tilting...more in that annoyed phase that you reach before tilt. Anyway, no significant stats on villian...after this hand, I thought that I really just should've called the raise, since I wasn't folding to a cap...thoughts?

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
2 folds, Hero raises, Button calls, 1 fold, BB Calls

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, Button raises, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, Button calls

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Button calls

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps

Final Pot: <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>
Old 10-06-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Bad river 3-bet?

Yeah just call the raise bro, looks like he sucked out on you... you gain nothing by raising there. I make these mistakes often myself in the heat of the moment, it really sucks... don't beat yourself up over it, just work on calming down and thinking about what these river raises mean. You have to call, but capping is a waste of money - you're spewing chips.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:19 PM

If the flop hadn't been capped, then I'm probably 3-betting this river -- he's gonna raise and call the 3-bet with tons of hands other than the straight.

But since the flop got capped, that's some evidence that he may have flopped something like a pair and straight draw, so I'm gonna keep that in mind.

However I'm still new at 6max, so take this with a grain of salt.

edit: apparently I'm new at freaking "reading," too. Replace "flop got capped" with "flop got check-raised". I still stand behind my conclusions... but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:31 PM

Tilt is defined as anytime emotional effects your judgement in a hand. This hand is a perfect example of microtilting. Letting your emotions cloud your judgement allowing yourself to make small mistakes. These small mistakes add up to a significant portion of these 300+BB downswings posters bitch and moan about
Old 10-06-2005, 02:07 PM

Bad cap. Just call the raise.