Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Interesting night at Stardust Invitational

Round 2, Fezzik vs Ed Salmons of the LV Hilton.

Ed's 6-1 was the best first-round mark of the 16 cappers invited; Fezzik's 4-2-1 was third-best (in a terrible beat, the IP's Rich Dressler's 5-1-1 got eliminated by Ed in the first round).

I thought it was interesting because we know Fezzik likes dogs (he took 5 dogs, 1 fav, and 1 over). But Ed out-dogged him (taking 6 dogs and a fav).

I'm not in the habit of betting picks I hear on the radio, but these are two sharp guys. The moderator noted that audience on hand at the Stardust was by far the largest of the season.

Here's the rundown (I only heard the second half of the show, so I can only include their comments about the last few games; also, I was playing poker while it was on, so I didn't pay as close attention to it as I would've liked; finally, Ed's a friend of mine, and I paid closer attention to the show when he was speaking):

FEZZIK:

LaTech +6.5
Kentucky +9
Bills +4
Browns +4 ("Vikings' head coach...piece of crap...")
Cards +3.5 (Thinks Arizona always starts the season slow, gets better, blames the heat)
Seahawks -4.5 (Says NYG's good record skewed, due to playing 7 of first 10 games at home, an NFL first**; Seattle has won the Yds/play stat, OFF and DEF, in every game this year, only team to do so)
BEST BET: 49ers/Titans over 42.5

ED:

LaTech +6.5 (they're both on this one)
Maryland +2.5
Kansas +3
Georgia Tech +3.5 (thinks UGA is looking past this game to SEC Championship vs LSU)
Buccs -3 (Gruden highly underrated, Bears great at home, not so much on the road)
Steelers +8.5 ("most inflated line I've seen this year"; adds Fezzik, "too bad you had to take 8.5, this one will be 10 by kickoff")
BEST BET: Skins +3 (SD's brutal travel schedule catches up to them)

** = I looked it up, and the schedule says they only had 6 home games--but the schedule lists their Week 2 game vs the Saints @ the Meadowlands as a road game.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Interesting night at Stardust Invitational

Crap. I have NYG and Chicago in the 3+1 challenge. Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]