Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: No balls in my son\'s sack. He\'s 6. Surgery needed?

Nothing wrong with dabbing it with TP. Cleaner than just a shake. If even a drop or two strayed from the hole and flattened out on the glans, a dick can be pretty wet even after a shake. This is not the kind of cleanliness worth discouraging(not much is), and definitely doesn't need to be tangled up in any "shoulds" or macho factors.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His mother gives the baths. She, literally, doesn't know dick. She had no brothers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really confused.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She, literally, doesn't know dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean she literally doesnt know balls.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what happened to the first doctor, why didn't he tell you the risks. I would call him and ask him how urgent this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wife took the kid to the doctor, and predictably, didn't know the first thing that he was talking about. Had I known this would come up, I would've been there. I'll definitely be handling this from here on out.

Like I said, I was waiting for them to make us an appointment with a urologist, and instead I was assigned an appointment for surgery. I WILL be talking to the original family doctor, and almost certainly a urologist, before sending the kid in for surgery. But I really don't know much about this subject myself, and was looking for input for my own edification, so I don't sound like a dope at the doctor's office.

A lot of helpful replies in this thread. Thanks to all.

Well, almost all.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I too have heard that they often come down naturally, and at much later years than merely six years old. I don't know about your kid and your case and sure am not a doctor, but am just relating that I've heard that it's not necessarily a really big deal, much less one that requires immediate surgery.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not particularly good advice. True undescended testicles carry increased risk for testicular torsion, infertility, and malignancy.

Undescended testes at age 1 are already cause for concern. Few would recommend delaying surgery any later than age 2.

There was a non-surgical option available, but it is currently 4-5 years too late for it.

If these are true undescended testes, then OP will be very, very hard-pressed to find a doc who wouldn't be recommending surgery right now.

It is simply mind-boggling that they could be undescended testes if the child has been getting well-child exams along the way, however.

If the child has not had well-child exams then the OP has been quite negligent. Given that the OP said that doing a physical exam on his son was "padding the bill", I do still consider this to be a live possibility.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF is the matter with some of you guys???

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I've never given the kid a bath myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not exactly heading for parent of the year award here. No insurance, you've never given him a bath, only recently taken him for a piss. Do you know his name?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is simply mind-boggling that they could be undescended testes if the child has been getting well-child exams along the way, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been getting those "well-child" exams annually. Wifey says this is the first "well-child exam" where his pants were removed.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:03 PM

You misconstrue. It wasn't advice; as I noted, I was just saying what I've heard. Most particularly to note that it's probably not urgent, as in, maybe he could wait till he gets a job so he isn't financially devastated by it. It doesn't sound like one of those things that you have to be wheeled into the emergency room for right away. Particularly as people can have it for years. I've heard of people having this at much older ages without ill effect, and also having them drop naturally at much later ages, like in the early teens. Perhaps it's better to have it done under insurance rather than breaking dad's financial back when he's out of work.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been getting those "well-child" exams annually. Wifey says this is the first "well-child exam" where his pants were removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest requesting copies of old check-ups. This is a very serious omission. Ask her if it's always the same doc who has seen your son along the way. Straightforwardly substandard care if everything happened as you have described it so far.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:07 PM

I had to laugh, but it sounds like there's some uncomfortable truth in this. How could neither mother nor father realize their kid hasn't got any nuts in his sack for SIX YEARS?

Something sounds very wrong there. Perhaps too strictly defined sex roles, or prudishness, or irresponsibility, or something. I mean, heck, how could a woman not know that dudes need balls? How could a dad not know his young son's anatomy?

Then again, I got staggered when a few OOTiots said they had never even seen their dad's junk in a recent thread. I guess I'm easily surprised.