Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 02:04 PM

Default Re: 5-5 hand

Sorry, I'm distarded and relexic. Seems good to me. The only debate was the reraise, but I think you spent $200 to save $700.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:04 PM

turnip,

tough hand to play. i like betting out.

reraising will likely make any weaker non-draw hand fold. so you may make more money from a draw hand but run the risk of a mega-draw or overplayed draw blowing you off the hand.

instead, i vote for stop and go, calling the flop and then betting the turn no matter what the card is (assuming no tell of course). for the same amount of money as your line, you get blown off your hand much less often by draws and make showdown more likely. if you get raised big on the turn, well, you're either beat or you got genuinely outplayed. but at least you made him work for it.

matt
Old 08-20-2004, 03:22 PM

The day NL goes dry and the fish have gone bust i know who to blame.

...... yes, slurp.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:26 PM

I agree that a stop and go is very likely the best line here. ML4L sent me a PM about this hand saying the same thing.

--turnipmonster
Old 08-20-2004, 03:43 PM

Default results

I am generally a nice guy at the table, so later in the evening I was kidding around with my opponent (who was running very hot) and basically asked the guy what he had and he said the nut straight, 68. he said he was worried I had Th8h.

his pot reraise on the flop was instantaneous and 100% confident, so I tend to believe him.

--turnipmonster
Old 08-20-2004, 03:50 PM

yeah, I have to say, as I was pondering what I was going to write, I read Matt's post.....hell of a post....

bottom line here is the villain is either way ahead or on a draw, so you are not concerned with your "outs", etc....you just don't quite know which one he has (draw or made).....so how can you find out while losing the least if you are indeed beat?....he has position on you and is certainly using it......you bet the flop (fine) and got raised (which tells you nothing about being behind or semi-bluffed)....after reading Matt's post, he's right, the only play here is to flat call the raise and bet out the turn....re-raising the flop or calling and then checking the turn allows a drawing hand to semi-bluff you...."stop and go" is the way.....