Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Skill level in Supers compared to smaller buyins?

Won a seat into a Super today, just wondering if I'm going to be blown away by the skill level of the players. I typically play tournaments in the $20-$50 range so I don't expect it to be too overwhelming. Is there a large jump in skill in these?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Skill level in Supers compared to smaller buyins?

[ QUOTE ]
...just wondering if I'm going to be blown away by the skill level of the players...

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Oh god, you're killin me.

Yeah, they're still terrible. Just more aggressive. You won't get people limping quite as late and you won't get people allin with A6o preflop unless you're lucky.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:53 PM

I'm mostly a cash game player at the 2/4ish level, but have killed Pearl a few times at Paradise so I took a stab at my first super last Monday and came 35th. And I think I only sucked out once. The quality of the players was remarkably bad, not much better than Pearl (which is horrible). I'm going to play tonight. Lets run a post!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 PM

The skill level is pretty bad in general but there are some very solid tourney players that play in these. I have been at a table with 4 other 2+2ers.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 PM

This will be my fifth one tonight in the last two weeks. I have been remarkably lucky with satellites. Won my first one this morning (again) and am once again in on $24.

I would say overall the play quality is a bit higher, but you will still see some unbelievably bad play. Since the skill level is so varied, concentrate on gettings reads at your tables.