Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-21-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Puke

I have KK UTG of a 15/30 game at party. I open for a raise, there is a cold caller, and the BB comes along. Cold caller seems loose and BB seems decent.

FLOP J,8,4 (two daimonds)

Check, I bet, call, BB check-raises, I three bet and then the cold caller comes out of no where and caps it, all call.

TURN 9o

Check, I bet, call, BB check-raises now.... I puke and try to figure out what to do. Ur action?

SGS
Old 12-21-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Puke

The 15-30 games are really wild recently. I have to see a show down unless it's 3-bet behind me.

- Jim
Old 12-21-2005, 09:01 PM

I like your play up to this point and although I find few spots to find overcards, I think I'd let this go.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:45 AM

Wow. That spot really blows. I have little to add and no real idea whether you should be calling or folding.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:36 AM

I can't even imagine calling.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:32 PM

Your probably drawing to 0-2 outs. Fold.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:43 PM

This is tough. Any reads on them or previous plays which you have seen? If both of them are lags and you have seen them push real hard with just a draws I might have to call this down. At best someone has a pair/draw and someone else has maybe a flush draw. The possibility of someone having a set is also likely. Cold-caller could have a flush draw and decided to cap the flop because he's getting value.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Results

I folded and cold caller calls. River comes an A and the action goes bet, call. BB shows AJo and caller shows 48s. So I was behine with 5 outs, but I wasn't behind who we all thought I was behind. BB totally overplayed his hand which I took a note of.

SGS
Old 12-22-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Results

You said that the BB is decent. They only way that I would call down this hand is if I though that there was a good probability that the BB was checkraising with a lower pair just to knock me out. Without this read from the BB I would usually be folding the turn.
A cap out of nowhere on the flop and another bet on the turn means that the loose player with position probably can beat a pair anyway.