Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-24-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Are bobblehead dolls worth any money?

I was cleaning out my closet and I came across a 2001 Randy Moss bobblehead doll still in the packaging. Do people still collect these things; if so, are they worth any money?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Are bobblehead dolls worth any money?

only to idiots.

*Edit* I apologize, that was kind of rude.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:32 AM

Ebay it and find out, if you find nothing, then no.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:48 AM

I think they are. There all kinds of whining driven contravercies here in MN due to ebay pros gobbling up the free Twins bobbleheads just to sell them on ebay for fairly large bux compaired to free.

People call sports radio and whine and whine either because they didn't get one after waiting in line for 12 hours prior to gametime. They claim it's the ebay pros that are ruining everything. It is too bad if some 10yr old is getting stiffed because a pro is paying the first 100 people in line money for their dolls. But most of the whiner's 30 year old sports rubes who just want a full set for their game room.

I don't remember any numbers but I was amazed anyone would pay that much for a bobblehead.

I'd probably check out the value of your Moss doll. Then unless it's high, I'd sit on it. His stock is down due to a meh year with Oak. He's most certainly going to be a hall of famer someday and so he's gonna have some more kick ass seasons ahead of him and then his doll will be worth more I would think.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they are. There all kinds of whining driven contravercies here in MN due to ebay pros gobbling up the free Twins bobbleheads just to sell them on ebay for fairly large bux compaired to free.

People call sports radio and whine and whine either because they didn't get one after waiting in line for 12 hours prior to gametime. They claim it's the ebay pros that are ruining everything. It is too bad if some 10yr old is getting stiffed because a pro is paying the first 100 people in line money for their dolls. But most of the whiner's 30 year old sports rubes who just want a full set for their game room.

I don't remember any numbers but I was amazed anyone would pay that much for a bobblehead.

I'd probably check out the value of your Moss doll. Then unless it's high, I'd sit on it. His stock is down due to a meh year with Oak. He's most certainly going to be a hall of famer someday and so he's gonna have some more kick ass seasons ahead of him and then his doll will be worth more I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I was thinking the same thing too. It would probably be worth a lot when he retires. Maybe I'll just go to his induction ceremony at Canton and sell it to the highest bidder there!