Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: stupid 1010 hand

To me it feels like not capping preflop is a pretty significant error.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:49 PM

people say this all the time and they are always wrong. there are like 3 10/20 players on the whole site who will fold to a cap after raising and im one of them.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:50 PM

I'm fine with not capping pre-flop. Sometimes I cap and sometimes I don't. Certain players wil fold for two more pre-flop on a Button steal, and certain players won't. I'd make my decision on whether to cap or not based on (1) perceived opening range, (2) likelihood of Button folding for two more, and, as important if not more so, (3) how I think my cap would influence the flop play -- i.e., if I knew SB would always lead after getting called (and Button didn't cap most everything he steals with when 3-bet), then I'd rather SB have the flop lead. If there was a decent chance that Button would fold to the cap, I'd fire away.

I play it the same post-flop. I think I could make an argument for folding the river when it blanks - looking at this hand alone - but I think it's worth the BB to see a showdown (and almost surely lose) then play the hand as you did and fold the river. This sounds a bit goofy as I write it, so I'll think about it a little more.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me it feels like not capping preflop is a pretty significant error.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy has 8% pfr. thats like super small. and this is a 3bet. that means a lot. it means he has monster.

now my hand is pretty good but its proly not the best and lots of flops are super bad. so are lots of turns and rivers. i really want to get the button out if i can. best way is to smooth call pf and raise favorable flops.

now i protect my hand and i can get away from bad flops.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:06 PM

perfect imho, but i am awful.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people say this all the time and they are always wrong. there are like 3 10/20 players on the whole site who will fold to a cap after raising and im one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Who is the 3rd - krish? I always wonder if *this time* the BB is a 2+2er who looked into my soul and saw that Surf knows how to fold to a cap after raising and has thus made a mega-iso raise with 22 or something. Then i fold and go back to my other tables and kind of forget about it because i'm on a new SN.

Surf

Edit: FWIW i probably fold the turn if I don't pick up a FD vs this particular player. those who are saying things like raise should really look at what a 30/8/1.2 plays this way and how many worse hands he could hold.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:17 PM

seriously guys this is like the easiest river fold eva.

people calling the river pls put this guy on a hand i beat?
Old 12-10-2005, 11:23 PM

Vic, imo this is not even close to being a river fold. Yea his pfr is 8. But this is a blind steal situation. Additionally, have you ever heard of tilt or alcohol induced aggression? lol, these things are all possible. I think you will see a hand like 77, A9, K9, j9, q9 here enough to make this call. Seriously I can think of so many times I've been in almost this exact same spot and have called the river "knowing" I'm beat, only to be showed some random hand.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:28 PM

I like pre-flop. Can't find a river fold. Had the turn been some non-heart I could have looked for a fold there.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seriously guys this is like the easiest river fold eva.

people calling the river pls put this guy on a hand i beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read my post? If so, can you respond to it? If not, can you read it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Spicymoose