Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Dell coupon on SlickDeals.net

2500 uses so hurry - http://www.slickdeals.net/#p5620

Combined with my Dellf coupon it was $585 shipped [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Can't wait to finally get one of these badboys.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Dell coupon on SlickDeals.net

Shhhhh....

I'm waiting for my replacement Citi Dividend card (additional 2% off at Dell home) to arrive tomorrow before jumping on this with 25% off and the Dell stackable.

Although since the stackable will probably be gone by tomorrow anyways, I'll probably bite the $11-12 bullet and order today.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:41 AM

Anybody have the widescreen one? I wouldn't mind it for the occasional movie on my computer. (Not a bad option for a private movie viewing with the g/f if the roomies want the TV)

I was wondering exactly how much overlap there is. I don't 4-table, and don't really ever expect to. I 3-table.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:43 PM

One final question.

I have a Radeon 7500 video card. Everything I can tell from places where I find specs listed is that this will be fine for use with the 2001FP. But I'm no computer expert so I'm not 100%. Will I be ok with this card and monitor?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One final question.

I have a Radeon 7500 video card. Everything I can tell from places where I find specs listed is that this will be fine for use with the 2001FP. But I'm no computer expert so I'm not 100%. Will I be ok with this card and monitor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on what you want to do with it--you should be fine. If you try to play today's latest games at 1600x1200 using your Radeon 7500, it won't work too well. But just playing poker, web surfing,... you will be fine.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One final question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on what you want to do with it--you should be fine. If you try to play today's latest games at 1600x1200 using your Radeon 7500, it won't work too well. But just playing poker, web surfing,... you will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. It's my company laptop (that's also serving pretty much as my personal one for now as I shop around for a new computer), so I'm not going to be gaming on it. In fact, I don't know when the last time I "gamed" was. Sigh. One year out of school and getting old...
Old 01-03-2005, 01:23 PM

If you missed out on 2004's fantastic crop of games, you are REALLY missing out. That is, if you like having fun.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:46 PM

Man I'm 30 and I play EQ II more than I play poker.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:58 PM

Well, it's more a case of never being a big gamer to begin with than it is being out of school and working.

Roomies and I would play Halo non-stop, but that was 4-player against each other. I HATE doing the missions. Sports games are really all I've ever done regularly...and I'd still do those.

P.S. One final question from a tech dummy. Do I need anything "special" for the DVI input? Does the monitor come with a cable? Do I need to buy a cable? I don't need any extra hardware on my machine, do I?
Old 01-03-2005, 02:36 PM

FINALLY. I had the 25% coupon code from the dellf game that was going to expire in 2 days. This is the first stackable in the last 2 weeks I was able to get and use before it expired. This beaut is now on it's way. $585 shipped! Woohoo!