Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

[ QUOTE ]
BHave you ever done something normal, like open with AA, or fold 83o?

[/ QUOTE ]

The mighty Gigabet has no use for hands such as AA.

Actually, if you think about it, Giga's Shania is through the roof!!

Yugoslav
Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both this and the 72o hand (which I don't think is anywhere near what you really had) are completely retarded, so congratulations. Why is it you never post hands where the action is, you know, the right one? Instead it's obscure and intensely questionable plays designed to make it look like your game is so far beyond the rest of ours that we can't possibly fathom it. Have you ever done something normal, like open with AA, or fold 83o?

[/ QUOTE ]

THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES!!!

I think its about time someone manned up and said this, thank you Pax.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Both this and the 72o hand (which I don't think is anywhere near what you really had) are completely retarded, so congratulations. Why is it you never post hands where the action is, you know, the right one? Instead it's obscure and intensely questionable plays designed to make it look like your game is so far beyond the rest of ours that we can't possibly fathom it. Have you ever done something normal, like open with AA, or fold 83o?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of his players are highly read depedent obviously Gigabet has much more information about this hand than anyone posting on this forum. He felt it was the right fold, and it may have been, it may not have been. Obviously it is an unorthodox laydown and that is why he is posting it, however it is hard to give a good opinion when your Gigabet had much more info then you.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it you never post hands where the action is, you know, the right one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he do that? Maybe you like seeing endless posts asking about how to play AK after the flop when it misses, or whether 66 is a good push 5 handed, but a lot of people don't.

When I see a post like this or his "72o" push, I don't rush right out and try it in my $22. But it does give me a good reason to think about poker in more depth than I normally would. Whether I agree with the line or not doesn't make the post and reasoning behind it any more or less valuable to me. I don't understand why it would for you.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:57 AM

Yeah, those are some pretty interesting hands to talk about.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:44 AM

Im still thinking dan could have KQ hearts or Jx hearts, if the flopped ten is a heart as opposed to the one in Gigs hand. I dont see why these are not in his range. Great hand tho.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

It is your choice to read the hand histories that I post, and it is your choice to believe the info that I post in the hand history. I have no reason to lie about my holdings, I do have a complete HH that I posted of a step 5 higher that I played, where you can see all of my holdings(or maybe I changed all of my hand holdings in the txt file, I did post it 15 minutes after it finished, I had plenty of time.) If you reread that hh of the step 5 higher, and you choose to believe the info contained, I do not think that you will have a hard time believing that I had 72o in the hand against dave and eric, nor JT here.

I did write in one of the previous posts that this was an easy fold. That was supposed to be obvious sarcasm.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:18 AM

are you regretting this now?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to read these you know? Personally, I find it interesting to read hands played by a person who crushes the highest SNGs available online and who spends time / plays with the best tournament players in the world.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:48 AM

I should clarify what i meant by the "emperors new clothes" reference. I refer to some of the best *players* on this forum being built up into deity standing (by others) to a point where they become "unquestionable"...in that chumps like me and 95% of the forum are intimidated to question a line or choice of posting material. Much akin to that fable i referenced. It want intended as an attack on anyone, just a commentary on the caste system of STTF.

The implication was not that you are B.S.ing with fabricated HHs. I do not understand where you got that from, nor why you got overly defensive there? Or do I?

Also man, realize that your posts are terrific because they provoke thoughts that few others do...and also incredibly frustrating because they usually dont give the line of thought "bridge" to get us understanding exactly why a play is best.