Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Stars frustration

Hey guys.. please go easy on me if what im about to let go upsets you, im very annoyed atm, and just need to vent.

Obviously many of the experienced players have had a night like this, but this one was my first. I felt like i played quite well, and after reviewing my hand histories, i found minimal mistakes here and there, but overall I would call my play at least a minor success. That being said... i 2-tabled Pokerstars most of the day, and am down 75BB in 918 hands. It seemed like no matter what, the last person who had 1 out left got it. I had 5 out of 38 hands where i had either top 2 pair, overpair and top pair on board, or trips and LOST to either runner runner straight/flush, or someone with a kicker slightly better(Ace over King, King over Queen) etc.

Overall, i won 28 BB from hands, and lost 103 BB, for a net of -75BB. This is at the $1/$2 level.

I have about 6000 hands logged, so im starting to get at least a glimpse of how i play.. and of course there are plenty of flaws.. but is this just a bad day? Im sure it is.. i just need reassurement. On another note, Pokerstars seems to be much more difficult for me than any other site that I have played on. I haven't played there much, but the 1750 hands that I have logged there are losing hands, where i am either breakeven or slightly ahead on the other sites.

Thanks for listening... and if anyone has some advice, id appreciate it. I hate it when my confidence takes hits like this, and of course its poker, but sometimes i just want to smack that damn pocket Jacks upside the head..

< /rant>

Thanks... and wish me luck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Stars frustration

Get used to it. You're going to experience many more downswings in the future, and some of them will be a lot bigger than 75BB. Have fun.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get used to it. You're going to experience many more downswings in the future, and some of them will be a lot bigger than 75BB. Have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice. I'd also add that you might not be ready yet to be 2-tabling. I advise most friends who haven't played many hands to stick to 1 table for awhile as it's better for development. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:48 AM

what he said.....and you have more mistakes in your game than you are aware of.
most people do.

stop thinking that there aren't any mistakes in your game just because you aren't seeing them.
it's a common mistake.
but regardless of the mistakes in your game, -75BB downswings WILL happen. That's poker.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 AM

They don't call it riverstars for nothing....
Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 AM

thanks for your honesty guys. I ceartinly do have a lot to learn. I've calmed down now, gonna call it a night, review the hands in more detail tomorrow, and keep plugging. I appreciate your help/truth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't call it riverstars for nothing....

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol no doubt
Old 07-27-2005, 01:02 AM

My best advise would be to ensure you are not playing inferior cards. If you are getting outkicked often you may be playing a little loose. Throw away weak aces and kings. It is hard to say from one post but getting outkicked costs lots of money! Good luck on turning it around.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 01:36 AM

Another piece of advice. Sounds like you are just starting out. Stars might not be the best site for this. Switch to Party where the players are A LOT worse regardless of what level you are losing at on Stars
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 AM

I read somewhere that stars is rigged. Thoughts?