Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:38 AM

Default A6, Turnplay

I openraise on the button in a 5 or 6 handed game.
Iīve been running good and getting good cards, so they probably think I raise too often and bet too often, though Iīve shows down some winners.

BB who is like 50/10, but pretty lag calls. He can semibluff CR the turn multiway and stuff like that. Overplays too. He can slowplay too, so he isnīt easy to read.

Flop T92r, He check-calls.
Turn 8, same suit as the deuce.

Iīd like to know how often Iīm ahead here.(Just estimate some %)
If I should check or bet and what to do if he check-raises and if there are any rivers you dont call if you check it through.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: A6, Turnplay

I think you are ahead about 50% ? I'm really struggling with how to play the turn. On one hand, I don't want to be CR, on the other, the board is drawy and we're vulnerable to a number of cards.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:43 AM

I would check and call anything but a J.

Cartman
Old 10-24-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are ahead about 50% ? I'm really struggling with how to play the turn. On one hand, I don't want to be CR, on the other, the board is drawy and we're vulnerable to a number of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sucks to give a free card on this board, but LAGs will often late-pay for that free card on the river when they miss, so checking and calling any non-J, non-Q river is the play I will nearly always make here.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:03 PM

I was actually wondering if the turn put it below 20, meaning that I should fold on a riverblank. I guess it probably didnīt since you think itīs around 50.

Still not sure whether its a bet or check though.
In the hand I checked, but dont know really..
Old 10-24-2005, 10:10 PM

Hey Trix,

I think we are ahead here quite often, perhaps 40%+? I'm not sure if he's the type of tricky lag to call down a mediocre pair every so often to keep your bets honest, so that could make it more or less likely.

I'd check the turn, and call most rivers, except a J, Q, and possibly a K. If he was LAGier preflop i'd definitely call a K, but it doesn't look like he'll be 3betting stuff like KJ from his stats.

Also, I think checking the turn is definitely better - inducing bluffs is more effective in small pots, because the cost of the free card is much much cheaper. When the pot gets to be 5-6Bb+ we have to be inducing a bluff a very high %-age of the time to make it worthwhile.

Surf
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 PM

uggh, i hate these situations. i would check the turn and maybe call a river bet depending on what hits. if the board pairs i call if it doesnt i would usually fold. i probably fold ace high alot more often than advised on these forums. i have a positive winrate with taking ace high to the showdown when many people have a negative one. this either means im very good at knowing when to take ace high to the showdown or i fold way too much and only take it to showdown when its obviously profitable. which one it is i dont know.

hopefully its that i fold too much because that way i have a leak i can fix.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:32 PM

How do you view this stat? I have a feeling this is a big problem for me as well. (Fold too much)