Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Stars frustration

Reviewing your hands in more depth is a great idea. I would also suggest submitting hands from your sessions to pokergrader. That tool does a decent job of telling you whether you are generally making good decisions or not.

Again, reviewing your trouble hands will go a long way to plugging some leaks.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Microbob, thank you =) I appreciate the encouragement. I appreciate the encouragement. I hope to succeed and I'll ceartinly continue working. I might abandon PokerStars $120 bonus(thats what i was chasing).. and go work up at another site. I have a ton of studying to do, as i found the info quite daunting to comprehend all at once, but im having a blast. Thanks again for your input, and I'll try to stay out of the way of the idiots =)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Stars bonus will not go away if you withdraw. You will be able to come back and finish it.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:16 PM

Now you know why you need a minimum 300 BB bankroll. You're running bad. It happens. It sucks. The worst bad runs are the ones where you're getting monster hand after monster hand, and they all end up second best.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:07 PM

Good luck.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:32 PM

It is an up and down thing for me too on Pokerstars, it seems they put something in the computer for you to run bad or good...lol

The way I have been trying to good on stars..only 80 more fpps to clear the bonus. I play $10 or $20 SNG while I play 3/6 limit and normally if I am running bad on the ring game I make it up on the SNG. I kick ass at SNG's on Stars and that is mainly where my profit comes. Every 1 out of 3 times I will be up a bit in the ring game.

I am working on my 3/6 skills after doing well in the 2/4. Not much of a difference, but I am moving up at my own speed.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:18 PM

I wouldnt blame the site. Being card dead sometimes is all part poker. Maybe you play not so hot, sure, the games easy to play when the cards are hitting u in the face.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:22 PM

I am just now starting to play again after swearing off the game for months. Right about the time I needed money from poker, was about the same time that I started a hideous streak of repeated suck-outs, miracle losses, and flukish beats. It was your night expanded so long that my play started to be affected badly. Nights like that are going to happen. And you CAN have swings that are greater then 300 BBs in the long run if you let it all get to you.

So expect it. Remember it is a game. I would NEVER EVER want to go pro at this, but I LOVE it as a hobby. If you are not having fun, and don't need to play at any given time...DON'T! Cause at that point, playing tidily-winks would be more constructive then playing any form of poker.

All I have said has been said before...only now I HAVE experienced it and thus have moved from believing it could happen to knowing it WILL happen.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another piece of advice. Sounds like you are just starting out. Stars might not be the best site for this. Switch to Party where the players are A LOT worse regardless of what level you are losing at on Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I find this horrible advice, no offense intended. The guy is posting because he's frustrated by bad beats. Sending him to play against the legendarily craptacular party players is only going to make that worse. Yes, they're easier to beat in the long run but they are a hell of a lot more frustrating in the short run.

Stick at the nanos at Stars until you know what you're doing then sign up at a party skin with a rakeback deal.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:35 AM

I assume you've bought Pokertracker since you were pretty specific about your losses and hand count. Tomorrow morning (or whenever you are fresh and completely over the concussion) replay the sessions and watch carefully. I do this routinely with both good and bad sessions and it really helps me. Dropping back to one table temporarily was good advise. You may want to drop down a level until you get your rythym back, as well. Best of luck...