Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 05:45 PM

Default I can\'t believe there\'s actually people like this

I went with my wife to see the new Bill Murray movie Broken Flowers, and a little bit into the movie I hear a vibrating noise from a phone about two seats to my left. The woman who owns the purse starts messing around in here purse, obviously to turn off her phone. But then she grabs the phone, opens it up and whispers, "hello?"

So I'm sitting there with my jaw dropped, and she continues to have a short whispered conversation, eventually telling the person on the other line that she's in a movie and has to go.

I can't say I'm too upset about the incident, it was much more entertaining than the movie.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: I can\'t believe there\'s actually people like this

I was with a friend who did this once, and I was too much of a pussy to do anything about it
Old 09-26-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was with a friend who did this once, and I was too much of a pussy to do anything about it

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not deserving of your avatar!

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 05:52 PM

She probably figured the phone vibrating and her wispering were inaudible. I don't see this as a big deal.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She probably figured the phone vibrating and her wispering were inaudible. I don't see this as a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see what the issue is. My brothers phone vibrated once while we were in a movie. He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later". The people in fron of us, a fat women and her fat significant other, told him to turn his damn phone off. "I said shut up" She turned around, the fat man gave me the evil eye, end of story. I don't give a [censored].
Old 09-26-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later".

[/ QUOTE ]
this is clearly different than answering thephone, "hello?" i still don't know why it's absolutely pertinent that you answer the phone, what's wrong with a missed call? people call me all the time (phone on vibrate) while i am in the movie and i never answer, i just call them back when i get out.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later".

[/ QUOTE ]
this is clearly different than answering thephone, "hello?" i still don't know why it's absolutely pertinent that you answer the phone, what's wrong with a missed call? people call me all the time (phone on vibrate) while i am in the movie and i never answer, i just call them back when i get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, why answer the phone just to tell someone you cant talk to them?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see what the issue is. My brothers phone vibrated once while we were in a movie. He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later". The people in fron of us, a fat women and her fat significant other, told him to turn his damn phone off. "I said shut up" She turned around, the fat man gave me the evil eye, end of story. I don't give a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

you and your friend are both douchebags
Old 09-26-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you and your friend are both douchebags

[/ QUOTE ]whatever, someone discretely and promptly telling someone on the phone that they are in a movie, is about as rude as some fat bitch turning around and rudely telling someone to get off the phone. Either way, two wrongs don't make a right, and I said earlier I don't give a [censored].
Old 09-26-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whatever, someone discretely and promptly telling someone on the phone that they are in a movie, is about as rude as some fat bitch turning around and rudely telling someone to get off the phone. Either way, two wrongs don't make a right, and I said earlier I don't give a [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to be "discrete", turn your friggin phone off. Why do people feel such a need to be 100% available for any random conversation at any point in the day? It's like most people think that tragedy will strike if they're out of mobile contact for 2 hours. What the hell could be SO important that you absolutely MUST answer EVERY call IMMEDIATELY?

People greatly overestimate how important they actually are. Call them back later and stop being a selfish ass. Manners people, I grew up learning them. It's not too late to learn, for most of you anyway.

Btw, if someone yelled at me after I told him to turn his phone off, I'd punch him square in the face. I guess they can call that "mobile rage" or something.