Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: I think I botched this hand... KQo in the CO

Unbelievable, everyone posts that you should move allin or whatever and no one is arguing with my post! No fun!!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 PM

lol, everyone is scared to argue with you and eastbay's program. I guess I'm just too easy of a target. Anyway, thanks for running the hand on that program. I was curious what the results would be and was hoping someone would post about it eventually.

By the way, you made a post above saying something along the lines of "If when you turn your hand up it's -EV, and you're around 10x BB, some argument can usually be made for folding." Is this basically a probability calculation that at least one player to act after you will have a hand that you don't want to be called with -- I think this is what you were getting at? I'm sure this is easy to compute with eastbay's program. Has there been something else on this forum posted or another resource (that's not $79 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) that can easily calculate this? I would think it would be of at least some use when you're in a situation such as this where your stack is healthy and those that act after you have you covered.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:29 PM

Arrgh. Stop making this confusing... Jesus, do you really tighten up that much with 10x BB?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:29 PM

Basically if your opponents knew what you had, it would be -Chip EV to move allin. Of course they dont so will often fold hands like A4o, thus probably making it +CHIP ev.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:33 PM

Im not really "tightening up" that much. I just think its either -EV to push or very very very slightly +EV.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:37 PM

I think the answer is usually no. But, what I was trying to get at earlier and curtains confirmed (I think), was that when your stack is very healthy (10x BB, barely in push/fold mode) and ONLY the blinds have you covered, a push is very marginal when your opponents call way too much. Especially when they're just plain bad and you can get in better spots later.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:36 PM

am I just retarded or is the HH messed up? Why is seat 10 inbetween 2 and 5? I was going to argue with curtains numbers but I'm confused.

oh yeah, and wtf is KJackoff doing playing an $11?
Old 07-13-2005, 06:54 PM

Other than the all-in call, I actually think this is how I'd play it (unless I had specific reads that the blinds were super aggro or they were already pushing the table around with lots of pushes). Totally wrong?
Old 07-13-2005, 06:56 PM

Greg, whats the minimum hand you would push?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:25 PM

hmm based on my chart A8o+, 44+, A4s+, KJs+, a few others are a bit too close for me so I'd probably let them go... again having an ace always reduces the liklihood that you will be called by a few signifigant percentage points.