Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Socializing and Meeting New People

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like socializing with people I like a lot, and hanging out with friends but I don't like meeting new people.

How about you all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup that sounds about right.

[/ QUOTE ]

count me in too, it's just too boring, come to think of it i cannot remember a single conversation i have enjoyed with some one who i just met, i have to know some one at least a little first to enjoy there company
Old 04-09-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
godmn bruiser. you are hands down the most anti-social person in OOT. You never shower; you never talk to people; and you can't stand the thought of leaving the house to go see a flick. you will make a great online pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i always shower more than everyone i know (maybe i brush my teeth a little less), once i get into a good convo i like it it's just as someone said the same questions and conversations over and over again boring is "draining" perfect word for it. i love going to the theatre even if the movie isn't that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you just find a way to make otherwise boring conversations interesting. tell them you are a world class snake trainer and snuck a baby on the plane with you so you could take care of it better, but say you can't find it. that should be good for some fun.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:23 PM

great post. this gives me alot to think about quite frankly.

im pretty anti-social to be quite honest. i hate meeting new people and i am more entertained being by myself than with someone i dont know, except that its quite obvious i need friends in order to hang out at places without being the alone dude.

conversations bore me, because most people are thoughtless. they like to talk about sports or hot chicks in monkey fashion. im not entertained when a dude points out a really hot chick and likes to talk about his past experiences with women or whatever. yah she may be really hot and i might want to bang her, but i dont feel the need to share it with some other guy.

my point is, im far more interested in holding an intelligent conversation in which i have the potential to learn something, or find something out about myself than discussing small talk. most people are not interested in having profound conversations, and therefore its hard for me to meet people.

i would much rather go over to a friends house and play chess for a couple of hours than to go out and play some pool if you exclude potential getting laid factor. getting out of the house is important, but i enjoy participating in things that are likely to mentally stimulate me.

call me weird and a mega-nerd, but thats who i am.

thanks pguk. my outlook on socializing is pretty -ev if you equate it to poker terminology.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I talk to random strangers all the time, and I enjoy it seriously. When talking to people I know, I usually say crazy [censored] to keep it interesting. Normal bores me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that all the time too, with strangers too. It usually wakes people up and they get a kick out of it. Once you get a laugh out of them, you've broken the ice and are maybe a little on their good side, because they're so grateful somebody broke it. It's kind of like they can loosen their belts and let it all hang out, as long as someone else does it first.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:19 AM

TStoneMBD I think you will find that even if you make friends with complete idiots you will have a much better time than you would have alone.

I am with you that I am not a big fan of chit chat or meaningless drivel, but if you choose the right dumb friends, the quality of your life will improve drastically. You'll just have a lot more fun. That's all there is to it.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TStoneMBD I think you will find that even if you make friends with complete idiots you will have a much better time than you would have alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for TStoneMDB, but in my earlier post in this thread I talked about certain situations being 'very draining' . I use these words for a reason. Obviously this is not the case for everyone, but for me making friends with a 'complete idiot' would definitely not be a 'much better time' than being alone. Of course I enjoy spending time with friends, but spending time with people with who I don't have some sort of 'connection' drains a lot of energy and in that situation being alone is better.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm usually the same way. Always keeping headphones on is a good way to avoid all those stupid people out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is not a suprise at all.........