Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 03:12 AM

Default What is the worst thing youve done after a big loss?

Recently ive been losing my temper when playing.

Online:
Yesterday, i was playing online in my office in the upper floor of my house, i lost a 5k Pot on Stars 5/10 tables with AA to KK, and i threw my monitor out the open window. Unfortunately, my son had parked his Ford Focus at the top of the driveway and the monitor landed on his windshield and smashed it in. So after losing a 5k pot, i am going to have to pay a crapload to fix his windshield and get a new monitor.

Live: I was playing NL Omaha Hi/Low at this local game, blinds 10/20 and i had A345 for the second best low and an 8 high straight on a board of 4 6 7 8 T and lost both ways and ended up losing over 8k on that hand with such great cards, i wet my pants. I couldnt even think and before i knew it i was soaked in urine. What made it worse was that my girlfriend was there with me. She has never called me back after that and it was 3 weeks ago, so im guessing that she doesnt like me anymore.

What are your stories?
Old 12-28-2004, 03:36 AM

Default Re: What is the worst thing youve done after a big loss?

What is the worst thing youve done after a big loss?

suicide.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:39 AM

If its true that you wet yourself that may be the funniest thing ive ever heard....However who spreads a NL O8 game? never seen it in LA and Ive played everywhere and generally check all the boards. Just curious. I dont care I WANT to believe its true that someone lost bowel control after a semi-bad beat. I could see if it were a BAD beat. As for the monitor what else COULD you do? LOL
Old 12-28-2004, 04:45 AM

perhaps you should quit playing for a while and spend some of your roll on a bigger car for your son? those focus are not too safe especially with monitors flying around like they do these days.imho
jason
ps matusow reportedly threw his in his pool
Old 12-28-2004, 05:43 AM

my friend broke his hand on a wall after a bad beat. he had to get surgery, pins, the works.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:06 AM

Yelled at traffic on the drive home...then got online and lost some more money, with a bit more cursing.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:32 AM

I was playing in a tournament and we had hit the final table. I was in the SB and all 8 players folded to me and i looked down at A8. I knew the BB was incredibly wild and hed raise with like any card higher than a 10 so i just called hoping hed raise and id move all-in over the top. He checked so i knew he had an absolutely horrid hand. Flop 9-8-8. Of course i check and he insta moves all-in and i obviously call just as fast. He flips 9-3 off(told you he had a bad hand). The turn was a blank and of course, you guessed, the river was a 9. I immediately walked off and since this was in a garage of sorts i punched the garage door as hard as i could, putting a fairly large hole into it and bruising my hand pretty good too.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:19 PM

A few choice words usually does the trick for me.
Perhaps a little warrior dance too ?
Old 12-28-2004, 01:49 PM

I once lost with QQ on a Q-2-7 rainbow flop to A3 offsuit who hit a 4 on the turn and a 5 on the river. What makes this so awful is that we were all in on the flop, and this guy even raised me pre-flop. I had been waiting all night to bust this guy, finally got the chance, and then got royally screwed. This prompted me to throw my laptop, take about 15 shots of Jim Beam, a sacrifice a baby goat to the poker gods.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:29 PM

That was lame. If you had a hat, I would [censored] in it.