Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What activity induces sleep the fastest?
Counting sheep 5 4.24%
Exercise 6 5.08%
Eating 7 5.93%
Poker 5 4.24%
Reading 29 24.58%
Masterbation 66 55.93%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Immediately buying back in for the minimum after leaving a limit game

While you are here Lee, I would like you to consider one change regarding these new "Deep Stacks" tournaments you have added. As with a host of other inventions in your tournament-lobby, this was yet another quality addition. However, the structure is just a little bit TOO kind, it takes TOO long and I mean, 4 hours with a lot of play in your stack without adding to your starting stack is enourmous. I would suggest you go from 30 minutes intervals to 20 minutes. It will still be a fantastic tournament for those seeking a slow structure in small buy-in online tournaments.

Oh, and I think allowing min. buy-ins at any time for a limit game is fine.

Lars
Old 11-16-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Immediately buying back in for the minimum after leaving a limit game

No changes, it's purrfect.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Immediately buying back in for the minimum after leaving a limit g

Greenstein was wrong if you want to nitpick on his advice. If the normal minimum buyin in a LHE game was 100BB, then some1 buying in for 25BB would not have an inherent advantage. If however the normal buyin was 5BB (like it is on stars), and some1 were allowed to buyin for 1.25BB they would make a killing.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:03 AM

i dont know if you meant to reply to me, but I've never read BG's book

[ QUOTE ]
If however the normal buyin was 5BB (like it is on stars), and some1 were allowed to buyin for 1.25BB they would make a killing.

[/ QUOTE ]

this i believe(and what i was referring too) are inside a 2+2 book. I know that narrows it down alot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-16-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the normal minimum buyin in a LHE game was 100BB, then some1 buying in for 25BB would not have an inherent advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

They would have an advantage as I stated in reply to your other post. If someone buyin for 25BB they have bigger chance of getting one of those "1.25BB" +EV situation.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the normal minimum buyin in a LHE game was 100BB, then some1 buying in for 25BB would not have an inherent advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

They would have an advantage as I stated in reply to your other post. If someone buyin for 25BB they have bigger chance of getting one of those "1.25BB" +EV situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having 1.25BB in the big blind is a very +EV situation. Having 1.25BB on the button is not as +EV for the next 8 hands (lets just assume ring table) as having 5000000BB. This is assuming that you play just as well as your opponents. When you have 5BB you are probably losing some EV as opposed to some1 sitting w/ 500000BB, because your first hand is in the BB, and chances are very high that you will either have a decent sized stack (5BB+), or be bust, by he time the big blind comes back around. Also with 25BB you cant control at what point you have 1.25BB or w/e other small amount (which would be +EV in the big blind). I'm sure if researh was done, and ou knewhow the games played etc. buying in for XBBmight be slightly more profitable than buying in for kXBB (where k is some factor of X). However this would be a ridiculously minute difference which would also take an insane amount of computing technology and DATA to even discover (which amount was right forwhich opponents, game types etc).

In your average pokerstars (or any other site w/ a similar buyin structure) LHE game, the difference between 2 exactly even players, one of whom tries to buyin for the right amounts, and another who sits w/ 5,000,000,000$ would be less than .1BB/100 IMO, and probably less than .02/.03BB/100 (i'd need to put more thought into this; those numbers are just a guess).