Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Why do you play MTT?

MTT's can be pretty profitable if you're able to play well and occasionally get a good run of cards. The rate per hour isn't always great, but if you string together a few cashes, or take top 3 in a larger event, you'll find that MTT's can be pretty lucrative.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not only will I be against better players at a 10 or 5 dollar buy in

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Are you being serious? LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mostly $1 thru $15 and an occasional $30. There is absolutely no difference from what I can tell. JUst more sign up for the $1 than the $30. At any of these buy-ins, almost half the field is gone in the first hour, sometimes more. I played in a $100 once and could tell a much bigger difference, especially in the first hour. Granted, I don't play at the most competitive sites either. Most my MTT play has been on Pacific and PokerRoom, so I cant speak for PS or UB.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:28 AM

About a month ago I decided to make multis my main game, particularly rebuys and limit holdem tourneys.Well I had 8 top 4's. Sunday night I almost won 3 at the same time. I won the 11 rebuy on Stars (split cash for 1st and 2nd for over $10000), the limit 11 rebuy on Stars for $1500 and 2nd in the 33 rebuy on Party for over $4000. I love multis.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 AM

No bigger rush in poker than making the final table of a MTT.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 09:42 AM

I play the multi's mainly because I have so much fun playing them. I also enjoy the fact that you and your buddy's can all play those together and compare how you did with them. Then if you make a final table....its awesome.

Mike
Old 08-03-2005, 09:49 AM

It seems to me that the "rush" is what its all about.

Especially for guys who are grinding it out every day at cash games, a tournament gives you a chance to amp up your adrenaline, to play for something that involves more than just +EV - its for the glory.

I think it is much the same reason why highly paid professional athletes will play for their country in the Olympics.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think winning the final hand of an MTT, after playing for hours on end is the greatest feeling in poker.

Goals of an MTT

Cash
Final table
Top 3
Win

After acheiving each one of those you feel pretty damned good. Also play them because it's great practice, experience, and you can make a boatload of money for a relatively low price.