Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Pocket Aces with QQ9 on the board with preflop raises

I am new to 2+2 so if this post looks wierd that explains it.

I was play party poker .50/1 and recieved pocket aces on the button. The first player to act preflop raised, one player in middle position cold called, I re-raised and both called. The flop came QQ8 rainbow. UTG bet and MP called. I folded. On the showdown UTG showed K9s for king high and MP showed pocket jacks for to pair queens and jacks. Did I make the correct play here? I figured that with a preflop raise and a caller high cards had to be out and at least one of them had to have a queen.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Pocket Aces with QQ9 on the board with preflop raises

[ QUOTE ]
I am new to 2+2 so if this post looks wierd that explains it.

I was play party poker .50/1 and recieved pocket aces on the button. The first player to act preflop raised, one player in middle position cold called, I re-raised and both called. The flop came QQ8 rainbow. UTG bet and MP called. I folded. On the showdown UTG showed K9s for king high and MP showed pocket jacks for to pair queens and jacks. Did I make the correct play here? I figured that with a preflop raise and a caller high cards had to be out and at least one of them had to have a queen.

[/ QUOTE ]
This post belongs in the micros.

The fold is really really terrible.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:49 PM

use the microlimit forum for stakes that low.

at those stakes preflop raises don't mean a whole lot, but you have to look at the board texture. It isn't likely that someone had a queen and at it isn't expensive to look someone up at those stakes when you have AA in the hole
Old 12-29-2005, 12:10 AM

A standard play here actually is to raise... Calling is fine, but folding costs you a lot of money....
Old 12-29-2005, 02:34 AM

sorry, like I said I am new to this, I will not post .50/1 on small stakes anymore