Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 12:30 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Empire gone crazy !

Yesterday, I got an e-mail from Empire, telling me that they have a 50% up to 100$ bonus on tuesday. GREAT!

Today my account is frozen due to "security reasons"
WTF??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

So I call the number in the little window that has pop'd-up in my screen and stops me from logging into Empire.
A nive lady that thanks me 100 times for calling tells me I have to e-mail Empire as she doesn't know why my account is frozen.
OK!, I do that, here is the e-mail I wrote:

"Hello,

I have noticed that my account has been frozen for "security reasons".
I have called to the phone number displayed in my screen and talked to a lady that asked me to e-mail you as soon as possible and ask you why this is happening.

I don't even have money in my account right now, so I really don't understand what is going on.
Please explain, either by mail or call me at xxx

Best regards,
xxx
Acct. id. : xxx"

30 minutes later the answer arrives. Here's the E-mail:

"Dear xxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

This account has been randomly checked and found to consist with suspicious and wrongful actions that we don't support at EmpirePoker.com. As a result, we regret to inform you that the account has been closed permanently by the Management. The process is unfortunately not reversible and we thank you for the time you played with us."

What the hell??? First, I have played at Empire 2, maybe 3 times.
Second, there is no money in my account.
Third and this is what crosses me most, the [censored] is accusing me of suspicious and wrongful actions
He doesn't even bother to explain what these actions are [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Here's my answer:

"You are welcome to close my account if you wish, but I do not accept that you accuse me to suspicious and wrongful action, because I have not done anything "suspicious" or "wrongful"
I play poker at many sites, so one more or less changes nothing, but I think that when you make the kind of accusation you are making, you could at least have the courtesy of telling what the "suspicious and wrongful" action are, so I have a chance to prove you wrong."

Yes, I do have an account at Party and yes, I do play at Empire mostly when they offer a reload bonus, but if that's what is bothering them, why not say so and not come with insulting accusations?

Nothing new under the sun, but once again, I am reminded that:
SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO MANNERS

Empire Poker, if you read this, my public message to you is:

F*** YOU
A (very, very angry) William [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Empire gone crazy !

With all this going on Im wondering how Empire will survive once they ban all the multiple account holders. I know one thing for sure is that I would not have an Empire account if it werent for bonuses so Im probably next (or already banned and havent checked today). How many of thier customers are Empire only customers?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 PM

EMPIRE POKER

R.I.P.

I will come and both spit and piss on your grave! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With all this going on Im wondering how Empire will survive once they ban all the multiple account holders. I know one thing for sure is that I would not have an Empire account if it werent for bonuses so Im probably next (or already banned and havent checked today). How many of thier customers are Empire only customers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you are joking or not here.

Are you wondering how Empire will survive if they close accounts that has cost them money in the past and most likely will continue to cost them money in the future if they remain open?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you are joking or not here.

Are you wondering how Empire will survive if they close accounts that has cost them money in the past and most likely will continue to cost them money in the future if they remain open?

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire obviously has every right to close accounts they deem unprofitable. This is fine.

However, to accuse users of suspicious activities without any sort of evidence whatsoever is terrible IMO.

I play at Empire during reloads at 2/4. I am not a minus MGR player to them. If continued posts are made regarding account closures that give no explanation as to why, I will prompty ask them to close my account.

Perhaps with the an email such as this....

To whom it may concern,

It has come to my attention that your site is practicing in suspicious and wrongful actions that I dont support. As a result I regret to inform you that I wish for my account to be closed permanently.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:03 PM

If they are lucky and only piss off those that cost them money and ban them, sure why not. If they arent lucky and start to piss of others who actually make them money then what?
I mean if they were losing millions of dollars a year or something I would say its a good business decision but if they are losing only a little bit of money from a few whores but risk pissing off the "good" customers then I think its a bad business decision. I know one thing, Ive lost money on 2 different reloads at empire as Im sure other whores have so they were making money off of me even if I was just playing there for the bonus. In the long run I'll probably come out ahead (probably already have) but for a company that doesnt really seem to be financially burdened it just seems stupid.

Heres a thought, how many bonus "abusers" do you see at PokerStars or UB. Not as many as party and skins. Why might that be? MAYBE instead of banning accounts and creating a bad image for yourself it would be smarter to change the bonus terms (and not offer 15 bonuses a month) so that they quit losing money from the whores. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they are lucky and only piss off those that cost them money and ban them, sure why not. If they arent lucky and start to piss of others who actually make them money then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can count the number of regular players that will stop playing on Empire after this on one hand. In fact if Empire uses the money they save here on customer relations they may attract even more players.

[ QUOTE ]
I know one thing, Ive lost money on 2 different reloads at empire as Im sure other whores have so they were making money off of me even if I was just playing there for the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost money to other players. Empire don't particlarly care one way or another.

[ QUOTE ]
Heres a thought, how many bonus "abusers" do you see at PokerStars or UB. Not as many as party and skins. Why might that be? MAYBE instead of banning accounts and creating a bad image for yourself it would be smarter to change the bonus terms (and not offer 15 bonuses a month) so that they quit losing money from the whores. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you mean it would be better to have worse conditions for the loyal players instead of just closing accounts who only play for bonuses?

Empire did in fact do both here, which seems clumsy to me. Just getting rid of the bonus whores would have been enough.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:26 PM

I lost money to other players, which Empire likely raked in from them as well. Its fine if you think Im a fool for thinking what I think but people are already getting paranoid regardless of whether they strictly bonus whore or not. I have a buddy who plays there almost exclusively that has quit until this whole thing blows over just to be safe. That cant be good for business.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost money to other players, which Empire likely raked in from them as well. Its fine if you think Im a fool for thinking what I think but people are already getting paranoid regardless of whether they strictly bonus whore or not. I have a buddy who plays there almost exclusively that has quit until this whole thing blows over just to be safe. That cant be good for business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can guarantee they will earn much more money if they get rid of everyone like me and you, who only play on Empire for a bonus.

I know you are upset that what has been a profitable thing for you will dissapear, but surely you must see that Empire is doing what makes perfect business sense.

William. They used a different language in your mail than the other mails ("suspicious and wrongful actions"). Perhaps there is something else that is wrong with your account, especially since it is so new. Are you sharing IP (via school etc) with a lot of others?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:38 PM

No, it is my private computer at home.

I am not really mad about they closing my account if they think I am only there for the bonuses. I do bonuses every now and then, but that's not why I play poker and I play at many other sites, so who really cares?
BUT, I find it unacceptable that they suggest that I am involved in "suspicious and wrongly activities"
I played there for almost a whole month, a little every day and made perhaps 4/500$, sign-up and reload bonus included. No big deal I would think....