Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Small stakes homegame- guess the hands

6-person small stakes poker game. Blinds are .10/.20, with $20 buy-in. I am in the CO with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Everyone limps to BB who makes it .45. Everyone calls. Pot $2.70.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB leads out for $1, Called by UTG and UTG+1. I fold of course, as do other players. Pot: $5.70.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB bets $3, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls. Pot: $11.70.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] check, check.

Notes on players: BB has been trying to adopt a TAG playing style and is improving. Has an idea of hand values and doesnt typically play trash. UTG+1 is a garbage player, any 2 will do type who has never seen 2 cards that he doesnt like. He is a calling station who will call down with any piece of the board or any draw.

Ok, now your turn, guess the hands on this one.

Sly
Old 12-16-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Small stakes homegame- guess the hands

BB has AA and mistakenly tried to check raise the river.

UTG+1 has 72o.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notes on players: BB has been trying to adopt a TAG playing style and is improving. Has an idea of hand values and doesnt typically play trash. UTG+1 is a garbage player, any 2 will do type who has never seen 2 cards that he doesnt like. He is a calling station who will call down with any piece of the board or any draw.

Ok, now your turn, guess the hands on this one.

Sly

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the calling station obviously has 72 with the 2 of spades. His rivered two-pair beats BB's AK with K of spades.

Really, what's the point of this? Maybe I'm just a bad player, but for me it's very difficult to put someone on a hand with this amount of info. You said UTG+1 will play any garbage and call with any piece/draw. So he could have any spade, any A,7 or 4, and any str8 draw (86, 85, 56, 63, 53). BB is a little easier. AK is the only reasonable hand for him, but I would have raised it a bunch more pf.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:14 PM

BB has KsKx

Who knows what the other player has... presumably a pair of something or a spade, perhaps both. I don't know why we're asked to guess his hand when you've told us he'll play any two cards and call down with any piece of the board. The only conclusion we can draw from his play is that he probably doesn't have a full house or AK, since it seems like he'd bet the river with those.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: The hands

The reason I asked to guess the hands, is that it was pretty funny.

BB said "pair of 7's", and flipped over the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Everyone turns to UTG+1, and someone says, "You can beat that right?". He shows the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and BB takes down the pot.

It just seemed very strange to me that BB who was at least attempting to play TAG played this hand this way. I find it amazing that he bet into the field on a monotone flop with an ace on it with only 2nd pair. I was sure he had AQ or better or KK. UTG+1's hand was not surprising, as this guy would call down with anything, and he later doubled up when he turned a boat playing 42o.

Sly