Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 01:55 AM

Default Re: S&Gs at Party... Poker Tracker stats

Hiya Fish,

[ QUOTE ]
btw, what all does pokertracker "track"? As I made my own spreadsheats for win/loss, ROI, etc in Excel. Id like to know what Im missing out on, or simply just need to add to my own sheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker (and PokerStats) downloads the hand histories from your online site (if it's supported), and thus keeps track of your profit and loss on every hand you play. Over the course of 2000+ hands played, you'll begin to see where certain hands which you thought might be winners for you are actually bleeding away chips, while others that you'd have thought were losers are actually winning money.

It also keeps track of every hand your opponents play, though of course you only get to see their hole cards if they appear in a hand history. (PokerStars hand histories don't include mucked hands, for example, while PartyPoker's do if the player called the final bet.) So you can keep VERY accurate notes on how often your opponents play a pot, how often they come in for a raise, etc.

And of course it keeps records of your wins and losses, ROI, % in money, and the like.

Hope this helps,

Cris
Old 01-31-2004, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In money: 100%.

+$19.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy, I must say that I am impressed with these numbers. I have been looking for a new horse on Party. Please tell me where I can wire you $22 so you can play a couple more of these. We will split the profits 60/40. Deal?

Old 01-31-2004, 04:23 PM

You might as well play the $10 tables because when u play the $5 you have to play the same $1 fee as the $10 tables and the competiton is the same. I just started playing these and stopped playing the ring games(the lower levels are too no fold em) and am off to a good start.

6 $10 tourneys:
2 1st
0 2nd
2 3rd
1 4th
1 5th
see ya there
Old 01-31-2004, 04:23 PM

what is your screen name??
Old 01-31-2004, 04:29 PM

I think part of the deal with pokertracker and these "inflated" stats is that you only get your stats into pokertracker if you click "yes" at the end of the tournament, for it to send you an email.

If people even occasionally click "no" after being disgusted with getting knocked out on the first hand, it will skew the results.

eastbay
Old 01-31-2004, 05:10 PM

Hiya cavalier,

Another common reason for inflated win numbers is simple selective memory. Let's say it's a Saturday and you have nothing else to do, so you spend the day playing SNGs. A whole bunch of SNGs. Further, let's say you don't have any tracking software (like PokerTracker) so you're relying on your memory alone (and of course your bankroll) to keep up.

Over the course of the day, you get near the money in five tourneys, make the money in four, and take an awful beat in one that sticks in your craw throughout. But there was also the one where the wife/husband and/or kids were in and out talking to you and you don't remember much about it as you were very distracted. And the one when the phone call came in from your mom and you kinda check-folded your way along until you were short-stacked and all-in on some trash hand, and never really thinking about it anyway.

So ... at the end of the day, you think ... well, I moneyed in four, went out on the bubble in one, and took that awful beat ... so that's six ... hrmmm ... so 4 of 6 isn't bad....

It's not that you're inflating your stats, per se. You just don't remember the two you'd bought into and then were too distracted to really think about. They merge in with the others somewhere, and don't stick out as distinctly, so they get (pardon the pun) lost in the shuffle.

I think that's where most of the "inflated" stats come from.

Cris
Old 02-01-2004, 01:29 AM

Funny thing happened after I 1st started keeping track with my tourneys on my Excel sheet. I started losing. It took a couple tourneys to figure out that I was playing to keep my win % and ROI at its best, and therefore was simply playing "not to lose," a situation that will beat you everytime. I figured out a way to get around that in my subconcious and my game resumed to normal quickly. Im somewhat afraid to keep track of such info that pokertracker could provide as I may see k-9o as a loosing hand on tracker, and I would be tempted not to play it at times when my instint would tell me otherwise. I guess stats can sometimes be a two edged sword... Just something to think about.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:14 AM

Now, why should that be important?

The way I see it, it can only hurt me.

Let's say I am no good. Then, all you guys will look for me and beat me up.

Let's say I am good, then everyone will avoid me.

Either way, it hurts me.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 09:28 AM

These are impressive stats. Good job.

Now that January is over, I've posted my stats for the money.

January
73 $10+1 S&G Party NLHE tourneys
Net: <font color="green"> $227 </font>
In-the-money: 46.58%
Avg finish: 4.49
ROI: <font color="green"> $227/$803 </font> = 28.27%
Finishes: 1st - 8, 2nd - 11, 3rd - 15

<font color="purple">
It'd be cool if PokerTracker had a charting feature that showed your bankroll go up and down, no? </font>

BTW : Someone mentions streaks...
My biggest losing streak was 8 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
My longest winning streak was 4 ( 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st )
Old 02-01-2004, 03:05 PM

I think what it can do is export the numbers so that you can plug them into your favorite graphing program.

eastbay