Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 09:59 AM

Default Aces yesterday... 0 for 3.

At Party in 3 separate $10 NLHE Sit-n-Go tourneys the following occured.

First hand

At the 50/100 level.

Seat 1: (2605)
SB: (1275)
BB: (965)
Our Hero: (1040)
Seat 10: (2115)

I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and limp in for the 100. The next guy calls, the chip leader and the SB fold, while the BB checks.

Pot is 400. Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB checks to me and I go all-in for 940. ( Comments on this play? ) I get what I want, one caller with a pair of Queens or Tens. He holds A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'm about a 10 to 1 favorite. However, T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes on the turn and my opponents A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] takes the pot with three tens.

Second hand

Very first hand of a $10 Sit-n-Go NLHE tourney. Stakes are 10/15.

I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] acting 5th. The player to my left limps in and I raise the to 60. Four callers ( the guy to my left, the button and 1 left of the button ).

Flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Guy to my left checks, I bet 500. Guy before button goes all-in for 740 all fold to me and I call. He's got Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Again, I got what I want. 1 caller with top pair. I win 87.68% of the time. Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and leaves him 2 nines as his only chances. He's a 21 to 1 underdog. Obviously, they come and he wins with nines full.

Third hand

First round of $10 Sit-n-Go NLHE. Fourth to play, I limp in with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and end up with 7 players. ( I think limping here was a bad idea, right? ).

Flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Small blind bets 15 into the 105 pot. I raise to 175. All fold, SB calls. 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes on turn. SB checks, I bet 200. SB raises to 400. ( What would you do now? ) I call and see the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river. He checks and I go all-in for 210. He calls and wins with a T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. After the flop, I was a 4 to 1 favorite. I might have been on tilt a bit having just lost with the previous pairs of aces when i called him on the turn. I gave three sevens a very high probability but called anyway.

Am I playing aces wrong