Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-07-2005, 06:37 PM

Default 3 hands at 5/10 today

Hand 1: villian is 13/7/2.3
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises</font>, 3 folds</font>, SB 3-bets</font>, 1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero folds.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Hand 2: villian unknown
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, 3 folds</font>, Hero raises</font>, 2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero bets</font>, MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB
Hand 3: villian is 30/11/1.5
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
6 folds</font>,CO raises</font>, 2 folds</font>, Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB
all comments appreciated
Old 12-07-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: 3 hands at 5/10 today

Couldn't he easily be raising you in the third hand with an Ace? You've shown weakness so he knows for sure you aren't sitting on a king. check call instead of bet fold IMO
Old 12-07-2005, 06:54 PM

In hand 2 whats your thinking in calling the turn? If he has 78 2 pair he made a full house, i doubt 57 for a counterfeited 2 pair, 77 made a fullhouse, A7s and A8s make your ace outs dirty. I would fold the turn.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM

Hand #2:

The turn card isn't great for you. He may be on a bare 6 but even when he is he's often on as many as 14 outs against you. When you're behind you sometimes are drawing dead and never to more than 6 outs. The pot is pretty small. I think folding is fine there without a read. With a read I think your line is fine but in general committing to a calldown (save for the straight card on the river) in a sub 6 bet pot with no pair takes some pretty telling evidence in my opinion.

Hand #3. I'm not sure I like your river bet. It might be hard if you get raised because you'll probably be good some of the time. The flush draw got there. You're still losing to a K. The only hands that you've now beat are basically small pocket pairs and 9s or unlikely 3s. In a smallish pot you might well not get called when the A hits anyway since it's so totally obvious you have an A in this pot.

So, all in all, I think an argument might be made for checking here. A worse A is going to bet a large percentage of the time so you're not losing value from those hands. You lose the same amount to a K or flush, and you don't open yourself up to folding the best hand. The only hands you lose value from are hands like Q9 and such, but, as said, often they aren't calling anyway given the board texture.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:11 PM

Hand #1

The flop call is odd to me. I think we are in raise/fold or fold territory here. Calling the flop and folding the turn seems like a waste of a flop call.

Hand #2 I can fold the turn here.

Hand 3. I go check/call on the river but If I bet, I would call that raise (only because i can't sleep at night if I didn't [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

LLL
Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 PM

He has a gutshot and 2 outs to a full house. I think the flop call is ok. Once the second 9 comes he could be drawing dead.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:31 PM

i'm not sure how the turn changes anything in hand 1

i think you can fold the turn in hand 2

i don't like the turn c/call in hand 3 in the slightest.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:35 PM

Hand 1: SB continuing after your cap looks pretty bad. I peel here to fold a lot too, but I don't think he backs down and I don't know that my implied odds are good enough, but eh it's 15:1 you can make up 4 bets b/w the two of them so it looks fine.

Hand 2: Unknown eh? I think I may find a fold on this turn, less than 6:1. This board is pretty dangerous for a loose limper to have hit well. I guess he could just be bluffing a straight draw but I expect to see a draw/pair combo or something most of the time.

Hand 3: I'm confused by the check/call on the turn K. I'd expect him to raise a K often on the flop. I'd assume my hand is still best a lot of the time, pretty sure I'd call down a raise too.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:38 PM

Also, how do we feel about capping the tightish SB 3-bettor in hand 1? We do have position and it is 3 way, but OTOH his range has to be pretty limited.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:41 PM

I am with you on the cap. What's he 3 betting from there? JJ, QQ, KK, QQ AK, AKs? Seems a little aggro.