Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Remember me? (O/T)

Prologue for mods: If you're old timers you probably remember me, as I was a very regular poster here back in the golden age of online poker. I'd prefer to see this thread stay here, as I'd rarely posted anywhere but the zoo, and think (?) I did build up a measure of credibility back then- by providing interesting info and never causing flame wars (at least, that I can recall [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

{Edit/MH: I've put an "(O/T)" in your thread title for the benefit of the five poker purists here amongst us in the Zoo.}

Hi kids! Miss me? What has it been...at least half a year since my last post? Other pseudonyms and handles I used to use for poker are Rearden Metal, Frozen_Fish, Frozen444, and Qikk.

Many thoughts: First off, I am under the (false?) impression that online poker (for the skilled player) was a free money ATM back in the 'golden age' of 2003-2004, back when I was playing, but the dumb money has since dried up like a 60 year old nun. [Important question: Am I wrong?]

I have not even opened the software in half a year, and honestly I can't even think about poker terms like 'Raising on the turn with a four-flush and two overcards into a loose-aggressive opponent' without getting a little nauseous. *chugs pepto-bismol*. I had made some respectable bank at the online tables in the golden age, but have not opened the software in half a year. Classic freakin' burnout. (Can we curse on 2+2? Honestly, I can't even remember)

I've gone back to trading stocks and derivatives, where I belong. BTW, Abraham Gray is my first cousin- known him since we were babies, and taught him how to play those $200+15 NL SNG's I used to be so good at.
Not sure if 'Abraham Gray' is a well known poker name these days yet, he's always getting just one to three seats away from the WPT final table cameras, but never reaching.

So, what the hell am I doing posting on 2+2 today, you ask? Well, someone happened to inform me today about Matusow's setup and incarceration (I'm so far removed from poker, I didn't even know!) which pissed me off enough to want to come on 2+2 to share some knowledge I've learned the VERY hard way about depression (Matusow's issue- and mine), Drugs (Matusow's issue-and mine), and fascist U.S. government oppression of people who harm no one by using prohibited plants (YOUR ISSUE, if you have a heart or a brain). Last year I was suicidally depressed. Many of you know that too. 15 doctors, 25 different medications, and all the 'helpful tips and tricks' didn't do jack sh*t to improve my condition. They did a great job in lightening my wallet though. Fortunately, by piecing little threads of knowledge together on my own, I've found my cure. I always though Matusow was the biggest A-hole in poker, talking tons of trash to me personally (But if you know 'The mouth' it was anything but personal), but when I read that he did his time like a man instead of narc-ing out his supplier- all is now forgiven. At least in my book.

Will I get to my freakin' point already? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Ok, right now: If you know anyone, especially someone you care about, who is on 'the ledge' with suicidal depression, [color=red]they need to read this:</font>

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...threadid=57141

I have to warn you though: Realizing through my medical research that every single 'unsubstantiated' theory I had about depression, endorphins, and opiates as the proper course of treatment, has already been proven though a scientific method, clinical trial, and I've been 100% right all along in buying the only medication that works for me through drug dealers... well the epiphany did kinda send me into a manic phase. Some (ok, many) of the posts I wrote on that thread give away waaay too much information, and make me sound crazy. Thing is though- I am crazy!

...but I'm not wrong.

I'm not selling anything here, I just have this little hobby of trying to save lives.

The information is here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...threadid=57141

Peace and Luck,
~David
Old 10-23-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Remember me?

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:15 AM

Wasn't Matusow's bust for cocaine?

Like one of the first posters in that thread, I think you sound a lot like someone who is bipolar and was misdiagnosed as straight depressive.

Just to head off our more moronic posters: guys, this is not a thread that should be responded to with "YSSCKY." Anybody who even thinks of posting it needs mental help (of whatever form) even more than the OP.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:20 AM

tl;dr
Old 10-23-2005, 03:26 AM

hey, i remember you
Old 10-23-2005, 03:56 AM

Enjoy!
Old 10-23-2005, 11:03 AM

By purchasing the product of an even worse government, you support that organization. Unless you are producing your own opiates, then encouraging others to use these drugs just supports the control that these looters have over hundreds of thousands of lives through their product.

I might have more to say later.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By purchasing the product of an even worse government, you support that organization. Unless you are producing your own opiates, then encouraging others to use these drugs just supports the control that these looters have over hundreds of thousands of lives through their product.

I might have more to say later.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it (from reading the thread he links to - which is very interesting BTW), the opiates is a last resort to keep his suicidal depression in check after trying everything else. Would you refuse to secure a cancer drug you knew could save the life of you or your children just because the US government had banned it and you were forced to purchase it on the black market?
Old 10-23-2005, 11:41 AM

I remember you and used to play against you in 5/10 and 10/20 online games Frozen. I always wondered about your maniacal play, now I know. Another mystery solved.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:48 AM

Giving advice on how to tackle these problems is probably from your side well-meant, but such problems are so individual that what have worked well for you may lead to disaster for others.