Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Terrible laydown?

Wasn't playing on my computer with pokertracker and GT+ and I am playing my first rotation and this hand came up. So I have no reads on any of the players and honestly I wasn't paying too much attention until I got the Kings.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20.60 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (16.30 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (19.30 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 20.30 BB
With one opponent I would have definatly called but with 3 opponents one all in for half the pot. Is this a the worst laydown or just a poor laydown.

Oviously I am not posting this because I made a great laydown. With a little more information about MP3 I would probably have realized that he had a good chance of nothing. Actuall hand shown was a 8d6d and all in player had 88 one of which was a spade.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Terrible laydown?

Nice self 3-bet PF. I'm guessing CO went all-in.

I'd fold the river too. Mr. Results oriented.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:22 AM

The only way you don't fold the river is with a read. You weren't paying attention enough to realize that MP3 is a nutjob and it cost you a big pot. Isn't this a lesson in itself?
Old 05-27-2005, 05:01 PM

A few days ago I was in a hand with JJ that was capped pre-flop (not by me), capped on a 10-high flop (not by me), and raised once on the 3 to a flush turn. The players were a bit laggy and I figured even if I was behind, I had 2-pair outs. Anyway, the river brings four to a flush and it's bet and called in front of me. The board is still 10-high, but I don't have a flush, and I don't think I can overcall without it.

So, I fold my overpair and cry in pain as a 21bb pot is awarded to AT for a pair of tens. The other culprit had T2 for a overplayed top pair. Neither had the flush. That fold for one bet closing the action cost me 21 bets. There's a reason people make crying calls in large pots.