Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

My favorite moment with this guy was when he bet Sam Farha out and then told him what he had - because Sam was his hero or whatever. Sam just sat there.

While I love how big poker has gotten, there's no way this dork and Sam Farha should ever sit at the same table. And then to cry on top of it - Doyle Brunson really should've come over and slapped him Vito Corleone style.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:45 PM

As Exit mentioned, the guys cards were never shown. Obviously we don't know a lot of pertinent information, such as how the hand played out. I was thinking about this hand today, does anybody else think he flopped a set, slow played and that was his 'one mistake' he's crying about? Even if that's the case, don't know how he can beat himself up, opponent flopped top pair with a nut flush draw, he's not easily folding. I can't believe he had Kx of hearts. I just don't see how you draw to the 2nd nuts, get their and don't get all your chips in the middle.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:58 PM

We didnt get to see his hand, so who knows if he really had K9s. If he did I really dont see how he could have gotten to the river. The guy had a weak ace with a flush draw. He probably bet out on the flop and turn. Friedman had only the draw, so im betting he made some pretty loose calls to get there. I doubt he played the hand perfect.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:48 AM

Why would anyone feel sorry for him? He made $235,000 . . .
Old 10-29-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I once lost to a runnerrunnerrunnerrunner draw, and that was when my parets drove all the way down from michigan to see my play the game! and did I cry? No. Do you know why?

[/ QUOTE ]

'Cause your dad was there?
Old 10-29-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this kid is definately a tool he got what was coming to him. remember that hand against Farha he seemed too arrogant for his own good. most likely he bluffed Sammy out of that pot since he went to go brag to his dad immediately afterwards. if he had a hand there is no reason to go over and tell someone you had it.

but yes, a Milwaukees Best commercial is in order here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah . . . his dad looked embarrassed.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Update on Adam

[ QUOTE ]
He played 40-80 last night or 80-160 or something at Caesars Indiana. The whole table was making fun of him adn calling him a baby. Apparently he also ran and hugged his dad after he got knocked out of the WSOP. So someone gave him the nickname "Huggy" and it stuck for the night. Someone told me it was the funniest thing they had ever witnessed, I guess everyone ragged on him the entire night. I'm not sure if Gavin Griffin was playing this game or not, but I saw him playing 50-100 or 100-200 yesterday along with Liz Lieu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam, your new Delta Tau Chi name is "Huggies."
Old 10-29-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Emotions at the table (and jerks too)

Thanks man. Agreed that Arieh and Hellmuth are tops on the Ass List. I feel sorry for Arieh's wife. There was an article in Maxim or somewhere, and Arieh acknowledges that he came off "like a dick." Of course, he also said he'd probably do the same thing again. Great. Forgot about Mattias Andersson...definitely worthy of being on the list too.

I can't believe Full Tilt Poker allows Matusow to represent. On their site, they used to say Mike's nickname is "the Mouth" because of his aggressive playing style. What? It should have said "Mike gets his nickname, the Mouth, from his rude insults, foul language, and complete disrespect for others at the table." I think he stole that jersey from Jenny Harman or someone and ironed his name on the back when he was working the laundry in prison.

And of course, after talking all sorts of s@#$...someone eventually says something about it. Then here comes the half-assed apology. Screw that. I'd like nothing better than to see one of those assholes mouth off to the wrong guy and get his ass kicked. I'm sure Norman Chad would love it.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:09 PM

Finally a good Animal House reference. "Thank you sir may I have another..."
Old 10-29-2005, 08:36 PM

"I think he stole that jersey from Jenny Harman or someone and ironed his name on the back when he was working the laundry in prison."

That line was worth the price of admission all by itself. Hilarious, Scottie!