Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Doug Lee is back

Please use complete sentences.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:51 AM

Did cgypoker just scream out my names doug lee and lets try to make me sound like a great poker player or what. I mean what kind of person comes into a forum and pretends to be a huge fan of themselves to make them sound like there all high and mighty. There is no way someone would follow him around and know every waking detail of doug lees life. Doug just own up and say he has feelings that seem to be correct 20% of the time and when he call with a pair of 10s knowing he sucks and hitting it one 1 in 5 times is the best odds he can have of beating Jennifer harmen. He tried to make excuses by saying he's psychic when he makes a horrible call and gets lucky. Hes a horrible player and never should've made it to any final tables. Not to mention the fact that he is like a 7 year old like said earlier. [ QUOTE ]
are you that jealous of him as he is a zillion times the poker player you guys will ever be. He probably has 1000 times the amount of tounament winnings that all of you poker players combined.

[/ QUOTE ]
using 1000 times and zillion, what are you 7?
[ QUOTE ]
go on a rush where he played any two cards on his rush and hit every one of them for 18 hands in a row and crushed your pocket pairs with straights, flushes and full houses.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does that not just scream out i am extremly lucky and i like to act like I'm good when i bust pocket pairs with a 15% chance preflop?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:17 AM

Let me get this straight...doug lee in a Danny Nyguen like performance plays semi-bad and wins(ok so what, there is luck in poker) Then cgypoker (is that cagey poker?) rants about how he played his rush and has beaten some 15-30 game for 60,000...this guy has 1 post. Then, some other guy with 1 post, Youngun345 says, "Did cgypoker just scream out my names doug lee and lets try to make me sound like a great poker player or what. I mean what kind of person comes into a forum and pretends to be a huge fan of themselves to make them sound like there all high and mighty". My names
doug Lee...LOL this is too bizzare.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:27 AM

I just found "cgypoker" or doug lee to be so incredibly ridiculous that i had to create a name and post about this. I personally have never played with doug lee, so I wouldn't know if hes just bad, or bad at being hyper aggressive or what the f** he is. Just from his personallity he seems like a completly lucky person that doesn't know the first thing about playing a good game of poker. From what he said it seemed like he had a run of luck and created some name to talk himself up.
ps - jhodges your post is very hard to understand but i tryed to respond to your comments anyways use quotes, complete sentences etc.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, I think I saw Doug put you on tilt that day, maybe that is why you are upset at him for taking your money. I thought that you were one of the worst cash players I have seen play the game MarkD. I saw him go on a rush where he played any two cards on his rush and hit every one of them for 18 hands in a row and crushed your pocket pairs with straights, flushes and full houses. I think he plays a great game in that he plays his rushes well, makes aggressive plays with any two cards to try and win the pot. The 15-30 game he uses to experient, read people and then make moves (that is why he is so good in tournaments) as the game is too small for him. It's true that he may have had some bad runs (everybody donates) but he has won close to 60,000 playing the 15-30 limit games over the last two years. I guess you didn't see him book all those big wins of $1000- 3000 per night with a buy in of a few hundred. His style of playing the rushes, playing tight at times (especially when up money)and playing on his reads can be extremely frustrating person to play with.
I also cannot believe all the idiotic posts (ie. stewart, steele) people (except for the people that put positive comments) put on this site as are you that jealous of him as he is a zillion times the poker player you guys will ever be. He probably has 1000 times the amount of tounament winnings that all of you poker players combined. Didn't you parents tell you that if you did not have anything good to say, don't say it at all because what comes around, goes aroung. Even Jennifer Harman got blasted for her comments on TV by some guy in another forum. You guys should show more class and not make an ass of yourselfs on line.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy sent me a PM with this exact text as well. I responded. I didn't know he put this on here. Obviously he is a clown.

By the way, I would like to say that Doug Lee is a very very nice person and when I have played against him I enjoyed my experience. But, when I played against him I stand by what I said - he sucks at 15/30. I think I previously stated that this may be because the game is too small for him - but it's the game I have played against him and I related my experience without prejudice.

But, of course, I am jealous of a 700k tournament cash. Of course I'm jealous.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:54 AM

Am i the only one who read this as: "Doug Lee is Black"

All i could think was "No kidding? he's a [censored] up looking black guy"
Old 09-26-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i the only one who read this as: "Doug Lee is Black"

[/ QUOTE ]

Illiteracy is a biatch. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 11:10 AM