Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: RIGGED SITES - DOOM SWITCH, MUST READ

[ QUOTE ]
He's right guys, my x-blackops friend, whos name shall remain anonymous, infiltrated the Absolute Poker offices and found this!!!!!!111

[/ QUOTE ]

quality.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the dreaded DOOM SWITCH!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this like blackjack switch? Do I get to swap a single hole card with my opponent? 'Cause that could be pretty fun, actually. Just imagine the mind-game possibilities! "So the question you've gotta ask yourself is, 'Do I have the flush?' Well, do I?"

Mmmm... Doom Switch...
Old 09-06-2005, 06:43 PM

Hey all -
Those who didn't read the original thread from this guy would be amused to check it out.

here

In there this guy challenged me to come meet him at the Tunica Horseshoe 10/20 game where I was half-planning on playing that weekend.
I didn't make it down there as my plans changed (and I decided I didn't want to)

Then, while I was in Vegas, this guy recognized me from my pic on my blog while playing in the same 15/30 game at the Bellagio. quite the coincidence.

My report on this was in this thread:

here

But I am copying and pasting that post for your convenience:

Hey everyone - I can't be bothered to try to find the old thread from a few months ago...but some of you might remember some guy named gabe who was interested in 'challenging' anyone here at the 10/20 game at the Tunica horseshoe.
It was a long thread and I belive it was his contention that internet-poker players suck or that the cards there aren't right or something.

If anyone can dig up the link that would be dandy.

Anyway - I eventually declined the invitation and never met him.

I'm playing 15/30 at the Bellagio the other night and guess who recognizes me?? (via my pic on my blog).
I think we were talking about Memphis or Tunica on my side of the table and he asks me my name and I tell him it's Bob and he tells me that he was the guy who was going to meet me at the 10/20 game and that his name is gabe.

I found it to be the strangest coincidence...and stranger still that he actually was able to recognize me.

Anyway - as far as the challenge goes....there wasn't much of one.
He ran into a couple of tough beats and eventually busted out...whereas I had AA and KK 2x each in my first 45 minutes there (seriously) and was up $800 or so VERY quickly.
Hardly conclusive.

He seemed like a nice guy. Said he was from north Alabama (I asked if he was from Memphis also).
We didn't chat too much...he was on the other side of the table and there wouldn't have been much point since we had done enough chatting on here I think.
I try not to bug players when they are taking tough beats anyway.

-------------------------------

Finally - without having seen that he had posted this morning and that a nice, long 'discussion' was taking place, I received this PM from him.

Note that he was quite polite in this PM so I was polite back.
I didn't save the reply...but basically I told him that
- yes, I remembered him recognizing me in that game
- yes, I am still winning
- it's not terribly difficult to win online...particularly with the advantages of getting more hands from multi-tabling as well as bonuses and rake-back
- I also mentioned that I am winning even though I'm not terribly good and that there are others who play better than me who are certainly winning more than I am (I mentioned guys like bicyclekick and james282 as examples)
- I suspect those he knows who aren't winning online might not be as good as they think they are

Anyway...this is the PM he sent me:

Hi, I recently had a discussion on here with you in the past about online poker corruption, Imet you in a 15 30 game out in las vegas during the wsop at the Bellagio. Never got a chance to talk to you about my thoughts, but are you still winning online. My guess is that your not getting the same results as most players will gradually see their bankroll disappear after playing for so long. I have several friends that play professionally that still try to play online because they're board. they are all considered world class players, but all are losing constistently online. Ive met several people that tried to play online for a living because they were winning innitially, all ended up busted & was just wandering how you were doing.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:11 PM

All I can say is, the OP had better hope AP has a sense of humor, because if not something like that could be actionable in court.

(Do you think Burger King would be very happy if I went around to various message boards and claimed my friend found e.coli in the meat?)

As for me, I appreciate the comic relief. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I can say is, the OP had better hope AP has a sense of humor, because if not something like that could be actionable in court.

(Do you think Burger King would be very happy if I went around to various message boards and claimed my friend found e.coli in the meat?)

As for me, I appreciate the comic relief. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually worse than that. The analogy would be more along the lines of, my friend purposefully infected several Burger King Food stores with E-Coli. (Remember he's claiming his friend designed a virus and then hacked Absolute Poker). If it weren't for the problems of anonymity and jurisdictional nightmares faced by any company trying to litigate something internet-related, Absolute Poker might have a real case against this guy.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the OP had better hope AP has a sense of humor, because if not something like that could be actionable in court.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the court in Gibraltar (or wherever AP is) that for some reason cares what some guy says on a chat-board based in the U.S.??
or do you mean a court in the U.S. somehow caring about some off-shore internet-gambling company that isn't fully legal here in the first place??

where exactly would Absolute go (or what would they do) with their complaint if they DIDN'T have a sense of humor about this and actually wanted to take action somehow?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the OP had better hope AP has a sense of humor, because if not something like that could be actionable in court.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the court in Gibraltar (or wherever AP is) that for some reason cares what some guy says on a chat-board based in the U.S.??
or do you mean a court in the U.S. somehow caring about some off-shore internet-gambling company that isn't fully legal here in the first place??

where exactly would Absolute go (or what would they do) with their complaint if they DIDN'T have a sense of humor about this and actually wanted to take action somehow?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is more likely that Absolute will react to this by issuing a "Doom switch reload bonus".
Old 09-06-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're absolutely right. That could never happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutnick_v._Dow_Jones
Old 09-06-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is more likely that Absolute will react to this by issuing a "Doom switch reload bonus".

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 09-06-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's that dumbass Judge Wapner Gimmick account when you need him???