Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 02:10 PM

Default KK hand on Rags flop.

No reads, second orbit. I have only played a few hands. I am playing TAG here but I doubt anyone knows that as I have only been here for a few hands.

Pokeroom (5 max 5 handed) bb is .25

UG Hero($14.15 in chips)
MP ($6.25 in chips)
CO ($6.40 in chips)
Button ($23 in chips)
SB Villian($53.35 in chips)
BB ($26.80 in chips)

Preflop Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero leads for 1.00 (my standard raise for no limpers) 3 Folds SB Calls 1 Fold

Flop 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian checks, Hero bets $2.00 Villian raises to $7.00 Hero goes all in.

Thoughts here? How many times am I beat as opposed to how many times am I ahead? Anyone think the preflop raise is too weak? Anyone fold or just call the re-raise? With aggresion on this board does it scream AA or better?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: KK hand on Rags flop.

Your flop play is standard. Nothing to change about that, unless you have a read on villain, but even then it would be hard to muck KK here.

What are the blinds? If it's 10c 25c then your play is fine. If they are 25c 50c, then I would raise a bit more preflop (1.50 or 2).

You can expect to be ahead here often. It appears you may have lost this hand, but in general you will win these pots against draws, top pairs, or overpairs that are smaller than KK.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:26 PM

Pre-flop raise is standard.

As for folding on the flop, I'd have a hard time, especially when the raiser is the table captain with double anyone else's money at the table. Looks to me like he's trying to show the new guy who's boss. He just doesn't have the set or the aces often enough for me to drop those kings, and he could very well be check-raising QQ, JJ, or TT.

As for just calling the check-raise, I don't see the point, because you have only two cards that can help you and he's going to put you all in on the turn anyway, I play back at him all in on the flop...
Old 09-05-2005, 02:26 PM

standard.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:28 PM

I would be more worried about a set. Villain is not likely to have AA because he probably would have re-raised PF and/or led the flop. Villian may be playing 99-QQ, A8 like this too. Given your stack size, I think you played the hand fine. Hopefully your not drawing to a 2 outer.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Results:

Well I am glad to see that everyone considers this standard.

Villian shows 88 for trips and MHING

TY All for the input.