Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Playing an OESD

Villian is 88.89/ 30.56/ over 36 hands at a Five max table. My image is TAG I am 40.13/11.8 ( this is Tag for 5 max...I think)

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) converter

UG ($46.05)
Hero ($63.50)
Button ($35.75)
SB ($24.35)
BB ($14.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], .
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.85, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font> Hero?
Old 09-03-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Playing an OESD

What's with the girlie-bet on the flop? You raised preflop and built that pot, so bet it like you got AA. It's difficult to say what to do here because: Is SB sensing weakness or betting because he has something wonderful. If you pot the flop, you know you are up against strength if he still chooses to c/r you. (and it often buys you a free turn card if SB would be the only caller)
Old 09-03-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the girlie-bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I looked at the hand as I was posting I said the same thing, lol. In retrospect I think a PSB would have been much better here.
[ QUOTE ]
Is SB sensing weakness or betting because he has something wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what was going through my head when he raised. I think he might have put me on a draw and was betting accordingly, whether he had anything or not.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:26 PM

I don't like playing a bit pot on this flop because it is unlikely that you have much in the way of implied odds. If a 9 comes off, you're unlikely to get paid off by 2 pair or a set, and if a spade comes off, it's possible that a lower straight wouldn't pay you off. I think that you would do well to fold here.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:31 PM

Alright I'm not a short handed player (I should probably learn it at some point...) but I'll weigh in anyway.

You need to bet more on the flop. $2.50 at minimum, that way when/if he checkraises, you have a little more certainty that he's for real. the small continuation bet is begging to be stolen.

After he checkraises, it's gonna cost you $3 to win $8.25, so a bit less than 3:1 immediately. You've only got 6 clean outs. You're K might be worth about 1.5 outs, and your Q is worth maybe 1 out (being very generous here) He's got $19 left, so you've got a bit better than 6:1 implied odds (assuming you can take his stack). Personally I don't think you've got enough of an overlay in this spot and I'd probably fold and find a better spot against a guy who see's nearly 90% of flops.

KoW
Old 09-03-2005, 11:54 PM

Well I ended up folding. But I sat there for a minute pondering before I did. I figured ti wasn't worth it to see if he was bluffing and next time I will pot the flop.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:00 AM

Even 5-handed, 40.13/11.8 definitely doesn't qualify as TAG.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:04 AM

ok ok...so I'm Semi loose agg...I admit it!