Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 01:42 AM

Location: Chicago, IL. Born, Raised, and in Chicago, I\'ll Die.
Default Re: Smoothcall: please stop posting.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Phil H. would be proud of 126th? See the problem is you think you can't play with these guys. This is one of the advantages he has. People are intimidated by him. I don't think like that. I think when i'm at the table with him, he better be worried about me.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...;o=14&vc=1
Old 04-10-2005, 02:12 AM

"Your" right he should be worried about you...but it has nothing to do with your poker ability.
How long have you been in therapy?
Old 04-10-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Phil H. would be proud of 126th? See the problem is you think you can't play with these guys. This is one of the advantages he has. People are intimidated by him. I don't think like that. I think when i'm at the table with him, he better be worried about me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year, he'd have LOVED 126th.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:22 AM

Yeah because its hard to believe that someone can play with Phil H. right? This is the problem. You blow these guys up like there superheroes. They are not superheros. They get 2 cards just like me and you.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah because its hard to believe that someone can play with Phil H. right? This is the problem. You blow these guys up like there superheroes. They are not superheros. They get 2 cards just like me and you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not actually suggesting you could hang with PH, are you?
Old 04-10-2005, 02:38 AM

Yes i am. Is that ok with you?
Old 04-10-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How pathetic. You are proud of 126th. Where most would be ashamed. Maybe next time you can shoot for 125? Baby steps. YOU CAN DO IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ashamed? Most ppl would be ASHAMED of finishing 126th? What do you base this on? Oh, nothing? well okay then.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes i am. Is that ok with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please state your poker credentials. TRUTHFULLY.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:53 AM

Please state your credentials so i can see if you are worthy of judging mine. That is how it works in here right? Unless someone has some better short term results than you, they then don't stand worthy of stating there opinions of one's play, even when they point out obvious mistakes right?I haven't played big wpt events because i'm not rich enough to stand the swings of big tournment poker. Does that mean i couldn't play with him? David Sklansky doesn't have tons of credentials in big nl tournaments. Does that mean he can't hang with hellmuth? Do you see how your question is irrelevant?
Old 04-10-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please state your credentials so i can see if you are worthy of judging mine. That is how it works in here right? Unless someone has some better short term results than you, they then don't stand worthy of stating there opinions of one's play, even when they point out obvious mistakes right?I haven't played big wpt events because i'm not rich enough to stand the swings of big tournment poker. Does that mean i couldn't play with him? David Sklansky doesn't have tons of credentials in big nl tournaments. Does that mean he can't hang with hellmuth? Do you see how your question is irrelevant?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the one who said I could beat a top name pro. You are. But since you asked;

Playing seriously for 5 years.
Playing professionally for 1.5 years.
16% ROI in over 6000 $215 Sit N Goes.
Have played limits from 3-6 to 80/160 in limit, most commonly in the 10/20 and 15/30 range. Used to make .7 BB's an hour in these games, I no longer track though as I don't play them much.
Have Played NL cash from 1-2 to the 25-50 game at UB, i which I won 8k off of Spirit Rock and Thomas Keller mostly 3 handed. Won an 11k pot off of Keller. Also lost 17k pot to Bbbby Hoff.
Won a UB Aruba Trip.
Am considered one of the leading authorities on Single Table Tournaments in that forum.
Am paid $50+ an hour for poker lessons, and have many people who wish to get lessons from me, but I am too busy and make way more playing.

Ok, there's mine. Your turn. Although I expect you'll either wimp out or lie. All my statements are easily corroborated. I'd be amazed if you ever played higher than 20-40. I was playing 20-40 my 2nd day of poker with $1600 that started as $500 in 3/6 to 10/20.