Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Anyone playing 10 tables with the beta software?

Wouldn't most 2+2ers only playing 4 tables have an advantage over those playing 10 tables, since 10 is a lot to focus on? I mean, I realized a guy was 10-tabling the other day (and he won some money doing it) because I was playing at two of his tables, so I opened all of them, got a great PT/PA read on him and spanked him good.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Anyone playing 10 tables with the beta software?

Yeh pretty much. I think more people multitable >4 tables now because it's just easier and more convenient than it used to be. Before you had to open another skin account etc but now you just open another table. The more tables a multitabler can play, the lower the % of fish at a table. Yes a good 4 tabler will have an advantage over a typical 10tabler, but the 10 tabler is still much better than the fish they've replaced, so the ROI of the 4tabler is seriously diminished.

Eg. Say Player A sits down with 9 fish. Say the skill level of player A is 5x greater than the skill of the fish. Player A is worth 38% of that prizepool, while the fish are only worth 7.7%.

Replace 3 fish with 3 profitable players of equal skill level. These players will have 2.5x the advantage of the fish, and half that of Player A. Now the fish are only worth 5.4% each and Player A is now only worth 27%. Each of the profitable players is worth 13.5%.

So while Player A has an advantage of the other 3 profitable players, they take a slice of the pie from the fish that Player A would have received had if fish had been there instead.

So yeh, the more tables party allows us to play, the worse the games will get. Course this doesn't mean we won't get a higher hourly rate in the process. But there is obviously a point where there are enough multitablers (or party allowing enough tables) that the extra tables we play have actually hurt our EV, and where we would've been better off had party not allowed extra tables, or there were less multitablers etc. I just hope I'm not around at that stage.