Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 08:06 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Up to $750 Off Dell Laptops Including the 9300

memory is ever so slightly cheaper at crucial (like $244 at crucial.com, it's $250 at dell). you'll end up with a 256mb ddr2 sodimm which you could keep around to play musical chairs if dell busts you on having a non-standard config if you need warranty service or you could sell it for a few bucks on ebay. i'd just take it from dell.

7200rpm is definitely worth it if you care about speed

bigger battery is up to you. most people will probably use these as desktop replacements and have it plugged in a lot.

the x300 is an adequate but far from stellar card. if you care a lot about gaming the geforce go 6800 is a good bet, but i recall the upcoming ati pcie card smashing it in several benchmarks. since the laptop is pcie you should be able to upgrade the video later so i'd go with x300 64mb and see how it goes.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Up to $750 Off Dell Laptops Including the 9300

I just used this last week to order my new 9300. You should note before you get too excited, though, that it's really more like a $350 coupon, as the default is for a $400 off, which you lose when you apply the $750 coupon. At least that's how it was last week - maybe the offers are different now. Still though, $350 off is a pretty good deal.