Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2003, 03:01 PM

Default How Loose is Too Loose?

I've been playing some 10-20 & 15-30 Party 6-handed games, and I'm wondering, against a "typical", decent, open-raising Button, what is the minimum hand that one should defend with in the blinds -- K9, KT, KJ, Q9...? Any ace or an ace with how high a kicker?

Old 12-22-2003, 03:03 PM

Default Re: How Loose is Too Loose?

This is discussed in HPFAP i'm pretty sure they say, that against an opponett who raised your bb everytime you should defend with any ace any king any 2 cards 10 or higher any pair and any suited connector that doesnt involve a deuce. I think this makes up 50% of the hands.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:20 PM

Default Re: How Loose is Too Loose?

hi jen
from the SB reraise with KJ and AT to get the button heads up. usually muck the rest if the button is not maniacal and the BB is not weak tight. if that's the case though, then reraise to get the button heads up with all of those holdings in the 1/2 bet SB structure. usually though, you won't have exactly a maniacal button and weak tight BB.

from the BB, you can call with all but the weakest of the holdings (Q9o is a little light there), and if the SB has folded, reraise the button with the strongest of the group. however, calling is not far from correct if the button is solid. if the button doesn't lower his raising standards however, then never call his raise-in with those holdings. then, you need group 4 and better.