Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wants Granny to go away?
Me 4 40.00%
I do! 0 0%
Not only go away, but I hope you die. 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Re: What % of Zooers are POS scumbags?

Last year i got an extra 20$ in my Neteller account from Paradise Poker.
I sent them an email that they put 20$ to much in my account..Got an email back,..they say it was a promotion to the people who uses Neteller...
Old 01-31-2004, 02:32 PM

Location: Turn left at mars and go as far as you can until u hit a stop sign then bear left then third right ...thast were i am ..i think

plain and simple its theft .....

if it doesnt belong to you cant take it just cause its in your account ......

Old 01-31-2004, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) Leave the money in Neteller for an extended period of time and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I intentionally left this option out to see which way people leaned.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's important to understand how the average person thinks. They see a huge moral difference between taking this $1,000 from Party as opposed to taking it from a "Mom and Pop" pokersite

[/ QUOTE ]

Stealing is stealing. If the average person disagrees with me, or at least the average Zooer, well, that's the intent of this poll.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:13 PM

There are so many legitimate ways to pick up free money on the Internet, using such an obvious illegal one is just plain dumb?

The only logical reason I can see to try and keep the Neteller money is if you get satisfaction out of stealing for its own sake, I guess there are unfortunately worse hobbies.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only logical reason I can see to try and keep the Neteller money is if you get satisfaction out of stealing for its own sake, I guess there are unfortunately worse hobbies.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain ignorant. $1,000 is a lot of money to the vast majority of people.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:23 PM

I voted for make an attempt to keep the money. Basically, I just wouldn't call party or neteller and leave it in there. After enough time passed (a couple months) I'd take it out and play dumb if it ever came back to me.

You can call me a POS scumbag if you want, but I'd bet my entire bankroll that anyone who calls me that has stolen stuff too. DLing an MP3 is theft, taping the WSOP with out the express written consent of ESPN, guess what? yup, theft.

In a black and white world, there is no difference between robbing a bank and DLing an MP33. We don't live in a black and white world, and its up to each person to live by their own moral code. I didn't sign a contact to live by societys rules, I just have to accept the concequenes if I choose to break them. But I have that privellage, and as long as I am comfortable with myself and stay true to what I believe, I could care less what anyone thinks.

In college I worked for a week as a Telemarketer (talk about a crappy job), I finally got tired of it and walked out. I went back and picked up my pay check. 2 weeks later I got a check from them in the mail for $400 for 40 hours of work I never did. I cashed that badboy and felt good about doing it. One time I was using the drive through ATM at the bank, the guy in front of me drives off and when I pull up the machine spits out $100 and his reciept. Immediately I parked and went into the bank and gave the money to the teller and told her what happened. The thought never even crossed my mind to keep that money.
Technically speaking there would be no difference in each scenerio if I kept the money in both of them, both cases would be considered stealing. Morally to me there was a big difference. Its up to each person to decide where that line is. It's only when you cross your own moral boundries that you start to spiral downward
Old 01-31-2004, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just plain ignorant. $1,000 is a lot of money to the vast majority of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but once you multiply $1000 by the probablility of gettting away with the theft, it does not end up as much at all.

Its EV that counts not pot size.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but once you multiply $1000 by the probablility of gettting away with the theft, it does not end up as much at all.

Its EV that counts not pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your probability of "winning this hand" can easily be 90% depending on how far you are willing to go with it.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:00 PM

The "dumb" thing is trying to cash out the money rather than just leaving it there and letting Neteller take it back once they notice it. (Which is what biggestfish tried to do)

Cashing the money out will only gain when Neteller notice the discrepancy and in that case they will come after you for the money. I think for most people, the hassle involved would not be worth the gain.

Personally I would loose much more than $1000 if I could not use Neteller or XYZ again and had to be paranoid about any other sites. Not to mention getting put on various black list.

In other words the chance of a gain is small and when you do gain the cost to your self is more than the $1000 you are trying to steal. Seems dumb to me.