Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2003, 01:44 PM

Default Re: The Gaming Club\'s Response (Prima Network)

The Gaming Club's Response

what a joke. this is a form letter sent to people who question the legality of playing poker online. it, in no way, addresses the funding bill. total canned reply.

and bull, you make an excellent point. i'm not panicking YET. i *fully* understand and agree wth your assertion that a battle plan can't yet exist because the enemies and issues are not yet in place.

however, jek's emails are a good start at guaging the attitude and awareness that the sites have, given the current information available.

Old 08-03-2003, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars follow-up

imho, stars has the sharpest and the best support staff. they know their stuff and get things done. they should get the credit that they deserved.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:25 PM

Default Propoker

I sent an email similar to jek's to propoker.com... This is one response I'm eagerly awaiting.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Propoker

lol, excellent idea Lunchmeat. Maybe Mike Haven will hit his good friends at Sunrise too?
Old 08-03-2003, 03:13 PM

Default Pacific Follow-up

Dear jek,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your question was brought to my attention, and I am happy to assist as
good as I can.

To my knowledge this bill refers to US payment methods only, which would
be restricted for transactions with gaming related industries, in case
the bill passes of course.

I can assure you that this is not related to the legality of our
business, and I also want to point out, that we are licensed in
Gibraltar (South of Spain).

In any case we are always looking into offering alternative payment
methods for our members around the world, and as you might know, many of
the methods available in the US are actually based in Canada.

Also, if I was a US citizen I would contact my senator directly, and
definitely not vote for this bill to pass.

I hope I was able to address your concerns.

If you require further assistance in this or any other matter please
feel free to contact us. We are here for you 24 hours a day, everyday.

Sincerely,
Benjamin
Manager
Member Support Department

While I thank them for the geography lesson (but where is Spain? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), and the helpful hint to contact my senator, there is precious little in this response. They're "always looking into offering alternative payment methods." I think this is another site that can be chalked up to not being too concerned.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Propoker

ROFLMAO However, propoker doesn't need us Americans. They have the Korean investors with their big bankrolls. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2003, 02:19 AM

Default UB\'s Response

Due to a rather hectic day, I'm a bit behind of schedule. UB's response came in at noon today for a response time of 1d 11h 28m

Hi jek,

I can't speak for the industry in general, but we do have a team of lawyers that follow these bills closely. They are not very concerned about this one at the current time. They feel that the limited amount of time congress has remaining this year, and other 'more important' bills to review, that this one will die a quiet death.

However, another is sure to follow, as some people see your occupation/pastime as a great threat to humanity. Now, I've never seen you at the tables, so this may be true. ;o) In any event, it is quite frightening that a handful of politicians can decide what you can and cannot do with your money online. I do hope that you write your congressman with your thoughts on the matter, and encourage others to do so as well.

Take care,
Emma

For the record, my senators have certainly heard from me on this subject. But maybe if people keep reading sites telling them to contact their represenatives more will do so.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:51 AM

Default Re: What the sites plan to do about the S.627

Your not going to see or hear very many solutions until after the bill is passed. Why announce your loophole and give congress the opportunity to close it while the legislation is being written?

Stu
Old 08-04-2003, 06:03 AM

Default Re: UB\'s Response

Jek I was glad to see Emma from UB take the time to adress your e-mail personally instead of sending some crappy form letter like some of the sites. I have dealt with her before and she has always been very helpful. Hopefully she is right and this bill will die in committee before this session of Congress is over. However, we, as poker players, and the poker sites should not take that for granted. Keep writing your congressmen people. I gaurantee the top 5 poker sites are not burying their head in the sand on this issue and neither should we. Jek keep up the good work, and thanks again. Power to the people.

arod
Old 08-04-2003, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Pacific Follow-up

[ QUOTE ]

While I thank them for the geography lesson (but where is Spain? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), and the helpful hint to contact my senator, there is precious little in this response. They're "always looking into offering alternative payment methods." I think this is another site that can be chalked up to not being too concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that. I think he has read this thread before he replied to your mail. I'm surprised that UB hasn't answered you yet. Stars and UB have a very good support team. At least they speak/write correct English.
I'm sure they lobby day and night (I don't know if the word lobby excists in English)
These things take a lot of time and work and I'm sure that none of the sites will say what they're gonna do.