Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2003, 12:14 PM

Default Unusual Things Occurring at Partypoker

Strange or Unusual Things Occurring at Partypoker

After 10 PM on July 21, I was playing in the smallest stake Omaha HiLo pot limit game at Partypoker. There were frequent delays (maybe four or five or so) in playing because of Internet disconnecting occurrences between Partypoker and the Internet. AOL also had some problems at this time. I suspect that Partypoker’s problems might be caused by too much traffic – more games (too much business) than their site can conveniently handle at the same time….

I want to mention what happened in a particular hand that I lost. I will try to describe it fairly. Partypoker’s “Request Hand History” option did not work yesterday (July 21) so I could not get a playback of the action for this hand in a $25 OM8 PL game:

I was in ninth position with Kc Kh 5h 5s and I was last to call a $2 bet in a five way action pot (I had good position). The flop was K Q 10 rainbow. Player in 3rd position bet the pot $10; the 4th player raised (all-in) the bet to $19.50; and I called. The turn was a Q, giving me the nut full house, but before I could blink or act, the river card was dealt, player #4 made four queens and was awarded the pot. There was no action on the river even though player #3 had over $100 and I (player #5) still had $17. Things like this happen every so often at Partypoker. I was only playing in a small game and the final pot was about $70, maybe things like this could also happen in much bigger games and the pots could be hundreds of dollars – this is not good. A friend of mine who also plays at Partypoker thinks that the frequent Internet disconnecting occurrences at Partypoker may be causing these strange things to happen. After this hand, one of the players in the game made a chat comment: “You can thank Partypoker.” I guess he/she was taking a jab at Partypoker….

This is the second time that the action has been messed up during play at Partypoker in games that I was in the pot....

Stay well

Carl
Old 07-22-2003, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Unusual Things Occurring at Partypoker

I was probably wrong on my accessment of Partypoker.
After a little thought on my "very wordy" unusual thing happening at Partypoker -- I realized that I was probably wrong. What probably happened was the the initial bettor after the flop was bluffing and folded immediately after the all-in player raised and I called. That's probably what really happened. I apoligize for wasting your time.
Carl