Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Moderators can be out of control here...

I am referring specifically to "Idiot's" thread, that was later deleted. I commented on that there, but there was absolutely no justification at all for deleting it. Sometimes the moderators want to get good information out, and I appreciate that. But why is this some exclusive club where someone has to know someone in order to start a thread? When Poker Al started, his posts were deleted too. Then it turned out some people "knew" him, so it was OK. So why is it that the content of the post is dependant on the person who posts it? If the poster is not known or believable, people don't have to follow him/her or believe them. BUt there should be clear rules for what posts are/aren't allowed, and a particular moderator being in a good mood or a particular moderator wanting to control the flow of information shouild not be some of them.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Moderators can be out of control here...

This forum is separate from most of 2+2. The moderators of this forum have paid for the privilige, and they own the advertising. They are free to run it as they see fit.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:47 AM

That pretty much explains it. Take things you read from mods on this board with a grain of salt.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:50 AM

OK, thanks. And you're right. It still bugs me though, even though maybe I should see it as it is, and expect it to be a paid advertisement. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:56 AM

woha... the thread wasnt deleted because it goes against our advertising. hell, i dont care if you guys get party rakeback...

the reason it got canned is because its message was 'IF YOU WANT PARTY RB DONT TALK ABOUT PARTY RB'. yet, its talking about party and rb... kinda goes against itself. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

right now there are too many affiliates trying to offer under the table rakeback deals. some of these affiliates claim they are directly working with party poker, when they are not. we will not allow any 'offical' words about party rb on this site (esp since there is NO party rb)... also, i will not allow offical words from a gimmick account with 1 post. sorry, but making these rules really is best, i dont want to see you guys get ripped off by some scumbag 'offical' party affiliate (this happened to a number of users on this board lat week).

i know we have been all over the place with modding, we try to leave as much info as we can on this board, but if something crosses the line we HAVE to axe it.

btw, you can say what you want about me... take me with a grain of salt, etc. but i do really want this board to serve 2+2s best interest. i love 2+2, it taught me everything i know about poker and i owe you guys/the site a TON.

feel free to ask questions.

thanks guys,
ryan
Old 10-20-2005, 02:08 AM

do you employ any vegans?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but i saw him eat pizza once!!!!

edit: rumor now has it that it was vegan pizza...
Old 10-20-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but i saw him eat pizza once!!!!

edit: rumor now has it that it was vegan pizza...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to clear this up. RT1 took me to Albertson's to buy groceries. He bought me an "Amy's no-cheese pizza w/ artichokes". 2K Flushes then told me that vegans suck and he wishes he could kill them all. 2K Flushes is very intimidating so I lied and told him it had cheese on it to protect myself (I don't know if you have ever seen this guy, but he is SCARY).

craig
Old 10-20-2005, 02:24 AM

I heard he has a mullet.

hes a red stater, no?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:29 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I am not a vegan but that sounds like a pretty good pizza. I respect you for not going with the soy cheese