Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 05:36 AM

Default Live 1/2 NL hand, I\'m a fish says the drunk

Live 1/2 NL, I have about 400 and villain has me covered, we've been playing together about 4 or 5 hours and he's fairly solid but has been drinking alot recently and has been giving away what was a huge stack. I'm in middle position, he's on the button 1 limper to me, i make it 10 to go with AA (standard raise for me tonight) folded to him, he calls limper and blinds fold.

Flop comes T3T I know he's gonna pot it when I check to him with inentions of making it 100 to see the turn... he checks

Turn is a K I decide now its just time to check/call down because I havent seen him check any flop in position all night. He bets 10 at about a 20 dollar pot and i'm absolutely sure i'm paying him off now but I call

river is some blank and I check it he bets out 20 i begrudgingly throw it in and he tables KT for a turned FH

this is where it goes strange, my buddy is sitting beside me and is curious what i had so instead of mucking my cards, I show him and tell him I should have folded the turn and toss them in. The drunk guy sees I had aces and all of a sudden I've "ruined the first good hand he's had in hours because i'm a fish and a *&#^&" and all kinds of other things which just seemed odd that he was mad at me playing so passively.

anyway. I feel i had a good read and played the hand almost as well as I could aside from not folding the turn which my gut instinct told me to do. Am I being results oriented thinking I played it well, or is this type of playing going to cost me money? I guess I'm asking how much stock do you put in your reads on people. Online I probably lose alot more here, i havent played alot of live poker and i didnt really catch any tells just seemed his line of play in the hand was out of character from what i had seen him doing all night. Do you put more stock in things like this live than over the net?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Live 1/2 NL hand, I\'m a fish says the drunk

what?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2 NL hand, I\'m a fish says the drunk

My advice would be to start by folding preflop.