Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: AK flops Trips and gets more action than God himself would want

There are plenty of donks at $100 NL, and I'm not jumping to give button credit for a hand at all. If we had reads this discussion would be actually meaningful. I understand and agree with the logic of your point.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:00 AM

No way am I folding this unless I see someones cards and they have 44. Not for this kind of money. In an alternate scenario, lets say I'm playing 100 NL and have my stack up to 250. I raise with AK, a rock calls me with a stack of 250 as well. Flop comes AA4 I lead for say 20, he reraises me to 60. I would call, but would probably check the turn, and definitely fold to a push.

But this is a situation with normal somewhat shortstacks. I could easily see button having like pocket eights, and sb having AQ or AJ or something. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 players I might fold to, just because I know their game so well, but against anyone else, I'm going broke, and don't forget even against pocket fours, the turn or the river can save us.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:52 PM

I had no specific reads on either player however I had the table as a whole as rather donktastic. I had abandoned the idea of CBing here, for example, when my LP PFR/CB got called down by someone with crap who wound up hitting on the river. Watching the play in general gave me the feeling that the table was a donkfest (you can see that I got three callers with a decent 4BB raise out of position) so I was trying to play relatively straight-up poker.

I was more worried about A4 than pocket 4s out of button because I suspected him the type to slowplay a monster. The cold call of the all-in was worrisome as well however after deliberation I decided that both of them couldn't have pocket 4s. It was possible that I was against two weaker Aces or a weaker Ace and a pocket pair that got badly overplayed. Even if I was against 44 I had outs to redraw better, hitting a K, A or having the board pair up.

I decided that if I laid this down against average opponents without a solid read that I would hate myself more if they didn't have it than I would hate it if I called and one of them did have it so that's what I did.

Results to follow...
Old 09-06-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was possible that I was against two weaker Aces

[/ QUOTE ]

no it wasn't. as someone already said, two aces are on board, you hold one ace, so it is only possible that you were against one better ace.

still, i like a call here. you're getting about 2:1 on your money, and i think you win more than one time in three. i can easily see the button putting you on a pp and trying to get you to lay it down, and sb calling with a weaker ace.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:24 PM

I disagree that someone has 44...OP bet $12 on the flop, villain1 on button goes all in (trying to steal pot?), SB calls (case Ace) and OP calls. Without any more info on the other players, that's how I'd read it and take my chances. Especially with the other 2 players all in.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no it wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I knew that. I was making a quick response from my job which was a bad, bad idea as I confused a few different hands and threads.

Anyway, here are the results:

Button shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

My hand is goot and I have no idea what Button was thinking. I could see him making that move with Kings and one opponent but two opponents and that crap?

SB said afterwards he hoped that we could chop it thinking that I didn't have that strong of an Ace.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:01 PM

I think you only have to worry about the SB here. Button isn't gonna push a full house on the flop (at least not usually).

I get all-in here.

Ryan
Old 09-07-2005, 03:14 AM

anyone that even considers folding AK here AT THIS LEVEL is a mega weak tight pusswagon.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone that even considers folding AK here AT THIS LEVEL is a mega weak tight pusswagon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your troll skills are slipping.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:25 AM

In my experience, folding is the percentage play here at NL 100. Someone doesn't have an ace. How can you not have an ace and like this flop when you see some action? The only hand that makes sense is 44.

In the actual hand, the button made a crazy bluff raise. Unless you knew that the button is a maniac, or that the small blind is completely tilting and might call with something like JJ in case you are both bluffing, you should fold.

Trips with top kicker seems like a good hand, but when you can only win against a complete bluff, you have to be willing to fold.