Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: 5/10 (6 max) NL turn and river play

you are a good poster I would pay you to play me some heads up if you like if you will give me a quick anyaisis of my play. We could play for 02.-.04 on stars or we could play for decent stakes if you would not mind. I am not trying to say I am better than you but would like to get an assesment of where I am at.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just imagine what could've been.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play for big stacks everyday. I just start with a small stack and reload untill I build it up. It also has me playing my biggest stacks when I am running well and tight short stack poker when I am running poorly. Also when I have a big stack my opp are usually stuck and more apt to overplay a hand.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:43 PM

Play for money and not ego and just ignore the hate.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5bb/100 over last 35k hands NL 400-2000

[/ QUOTE ]
note that i didnt berate u 4 playing short, just pointed out that the best players will win more playing the biggest stack allowed.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are a good poster I would pay you to play me some heads up if you like if you will give me a quick anyaisis of my play. We could play for 02.-.04 on stars or we could play for decent stakes if you would not mind. I am not trying to say I am better than you but would like to get an assesment of where I am at.

[/ QUOTE ]
PM your stars info and i will play you 5/10 HU sometime when i see you on.
ill talk to u about it some on AIM if u like, only charge will be all the money i am gonna beat u out of!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play for money and not ego and just ignore the hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play for the money, but I also play to get better. I played chess in the open division even though I am not rated that high. I just do not understand how if poker is a "race for the ante you need 300x the BB to protect the ante? 10-20 NL to me is so easy because I pay the same ante as 20-40 limit with a smaller bankroll, less veriance and a chance to make huge scores without too many big losses. I won a 2400 dollar pot a bellagio when I woke up with KK and a 600 stack after a raise to 120 and 3 callers. They had small pairs and conectors. They put in 600 pre-flop with those hand in a fight over 30 in dead money because they are playing 10k stacks or whatever I usually like my equity in the main pot.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:02 PM

[quotePM your stars info and i will play you 5/10 HU sometime when i see you on.
ill talk to u about it some on AIM if u like, only charge will be all the money i am gonna beat u out of! ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I was just being polite. but I would be glad to play you a couple of shoot outs and you can keep you anaisis I just did not want to scare you off. We can send some money to a third party from this forum that is trusted it would be better to play on stars 02-04 for the rake. something like best of 7 shoot out for 1k or whatever. Dont want you to say I got lucky on you.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PM your stars info and i will play you 5/10 HU sometime when i see you on.
ill talk to u about it some on AIM if u like, only charge will be all the money i am gonna beat u out of!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will play you 5/10 NL if you play me HU 20-40 limit at the same time. BTW now is good for me.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:53 AM

flawless is also an exceptionally tough SH limit player. You do realize this, no?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:08 AM

I have a very similar strategy. Since the player pool is pretty big in the stakes I generally play, I don't always have a read at the beginning of a session.

Playing with 100BB and no read can be a really nasty spot. Therefore, I start with 50BB at the beginning of a session when you don't need a read. Afterwards, it will take me a little while to double up, and by that time I will have a read.