Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: read me getting ragged on by a girl i took out in her blog

[ QUOTE ]
1. No, seeking it out implies curiosity. The imputation of malice is entirely, and I mean 100% and indisputably, incorrect on your part. There's no way in hell you should possibly have come up with malice as a motivation; that's completely unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, malice too strong a word, how about deception? Either way you look at it, he wanted and sought out information that she did not offer him. What did he expect to find? Would he have posted it had it been 'good news' (assuming his freinds found it funny)? If so, why shouldn't I believe that he intended to post whatever he found.

[ QUOTE ]
2. You seem to consistently ignore the fact that SHE was the first one to post about their date, not him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earlier reply: I think we can all also agree that posting something here, as opposed to entry in a myspace blog, is going to receive a much different, and expected, response.

It's fairly easy to see that her post in her blog is going to receive normal replies, most likely entirely from her friends and that posting here...well...tends to be a little different.

3. What he took was hardly for the purposes of bragging; it was to make fun of himself in an arena where he knew he would be made fun of, and also to ask for people's thoughts, since he didn't know what to make of the situation or how to feel about it.

Earlier reply: And I went back, you are correct, it had been a while since I read it. He did not appear to brag. He was a but disrespectful in his words, but I'll attribute that to personality/culture since I do now know him.

I'll add that he was naive to think there would not be 5 people with this person as their avatar by the end of this.

[ QUOTE ]
4. He did not know that people would find a way to dig up her blog or would care enough to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely naive.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a consistent and prolonged pattern of unfairness and very unlikely and unreasonable interpretations in the way you've been approaching this matter.

For whatever reason, it it doesn't appear that this is going to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when do I need a reason to be contrary?

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps it's just an attempt to shut down or bog down the thread. But these unreasonable, unsupportable, and sometimes inflammatory interpretations and assertions are just plain wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut-down or bog this thread? If anything I keep it alive for another day.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i see no reference or link to poloplayer anywhere. little help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Polo Player

btw - the blowhard's URL is scrumtrulescent...

[/ QUOTE ]
Scroll down and read his "friends" comments. Genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! Beauty is only skin deep, it's the inside that counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are aware that people aren't like honor bound to use actual pictures of themselves and this image is likely a joke, right?
Old 09-14-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And even if he does, he certainly doesn't need to share it or/and criticize in another, even more public forum, where people are known to be in most cases mean spirited.

[/ QUOTE ]
Criminy, "mean-spirited?" That's essentially the worst this was - "mean-spirited." Who cares?!? If she's in any way basing her self-worth on what 500 anonymous strangers think, she's nuts anyways. This goes doubly true since most of the comments were ridiculous. Whoever said that the worst comments were those calling her "average" was completely right, and how bad is that? "Oh, RunDown, you're so average! Not modelesque at all!" Excuse me while I go weep in my Ben & Jerry's.

Anyways, I thought the top three comments, in order, were:

Commodus. Pure gold, especially with the timing. How the hell did an internet message board gimmick account nail that comedic timing so well?

Kurosh, for simplicity and being there first.

The "throw yourself a party" story. That thing was really, really funny. If anyone thought it was in the least bit serious, they're clueless.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And even if he does, he certainly doesn't need to share it or/and criticize in another, even more public forum, where people are known to be in most cases mean spirited.

[/ QUOTE ]
Criminy, "mean-spirited?" That's essentially the worst this was - "mean-spirited." Who cares?!? If she's in any way basing her self-worth on what 500 anonymous strangers think, she's nuts anyways. This goes doubly true since most of the comments were ridiculous. Whoever said that the worst comments were those calling her "average" was completely right, and how bad is that? "Oh, RunDown, you're so average! Not modelesque at all!" Excuse me while I go weep in my Ben & Jerry's.

Anyways, I thought the top three comments, in order, were:

Commodus. Pure gold, especially with the timing. How the hell did an internet message board gimmick account nail that comedic timing so well?

Kurosh, for simplicity and being there first.

The "throw yourself a party" story. That thing was really, really funny. If anyone thought it was in the least bit serious, they're clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't reply to my comments via anothers reply. You ignored me remember? Go away.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he wanted and sought out information that she did not offer him. What did he expect to find?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no idea how he found the blog. Her AIM name and blog username were exactly the same. Maybe she linked to it in her AIM profile, who knows. Maybe he knew she had this thing before they even went on the date.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:23 PM

[quote

edit: this picture is absolutely hilarious to me still, I can't look at for 5 seconds without laughing out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such are my sentiments for your avatar.

-2kF
Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so to be funny for oot, you wouldn't mind me emailing your mom or sister and call her a dumb cvnt and tell her to go suck animals dicks and then kill herself?

Grow the [censored] up. Most women would feel uncomfortable having guys write this to them. They have a whole other set of issues that guys don't have to deal with. Maybe because some of my friends have had to move due to a stalker/convicted rapist I understand how uncomfortable somethings can make young women. Obviously you don't, and most of the people posting here don't.

Making fun of her- awesome, hilarious. Calling her a cvnt, telling her to slag off animals, dudes, etc, telling her to kill herself, not funny, just weird and creepy.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gorie, you're starting to make me believe all women are evil geniuses (present company exluded of course).

[/ QUOTE ]

To exclude present company would be reckless beyond words.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so to be funny for oot, you wouldn't mind me emailing your mom or sister and call her a dumb cvnt and tell her to go suck animals dicks and then kill herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was *one* guy who made a bizarre post about drinking drano and having sex with animals. It was a dumb post, made by an idiot. It was one post out of hundreds that were made on here and her blog. Condemn the idiot who made the post, but don't lump all of OOT in with this person.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:50 PM

I think the first point in all this is, I don't think it's right of her to post her rather mixed assessment of her date with him on her public blog - and using his name. When I first came across that "Louisville Mojo" site I linked, there was a link there to her blog. So it's not even like she could only expect her friends to be reading it. And obviously he came across it somehow.

Now the reason I personally even came across that site was because Chuddo posted pics of her, and the pics were labelled "oliv123" or something. It didn't take a rocket scientist to guess what her name probably was. That and a detail from the blog posted here was all it took to google the Mojo site. So while he probably didn't intend for people to find her blog, he unknowingly made it easy to find (and you can debate whether it was appropriate to post her pics here without her permission, though they may have simply come from her public site).

But nobody posted a link to her blog until "oh snap" did - so that everyone could see her update posting her IM conversation with Chuddo. This thread was pretty much dead and buried until that happened. And if she didn't want anyone coming to the site, but felt compelled to reply publicly to anything Chuddo said here, she or a friend could have easily have just posted here, without linking to the blog.

That's not to say that she deserves to be harassed. But her camp posted the link to her site here themselves - how could they not expect a bunch of comments?
Closed Thread