Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: You don\'t have no stinking king

[ QUOTE ]
giving up second pair against a flop bet from a very loose crazy player is giving up too much, I think,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how folding here in an unraised pot, with a very vulnerable hand on a two-flush board can possibly be giving up too much. This seems like an easy fold to me.

Call the river. Raising there makes no sense as you are probably splitting at best and if BB is bluffing your raise will not be called.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Call the river. Raising there makes no sense as you are probably splitting at best and if BB is bluffing your raise will not be called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly advocating a raise on the river here, although I've occasionally done it, but I believe people are dead wrong when they say opponents won't call a raise on the river, even if he's bluffing.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not exactly advocating a raise on the river here, although I've occasionally done it, but I believe people are dead wrong when they say opponents won't call a raise on the river, even if he's bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

I think, if be opted to bet ace or queen high, there is a decent chance you will get looked up (esp. by ace high).
Old 05-26-2005, 05:04 PM

I'm interested that both Chief and Colgin feel I was reaching with the flop raise. The preflop limp feels wrong to me, now that I look at the hand. But once I've come in, I see raising a donkey's flop bet with one loose limper and a tight BB behind me as a play I'll make alot in these games. It's a feel thing, but perhaps I'm over-reaching with plays like this in small pots.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested that both Chief and Colgin feel I was reaching with the flop raise. The preflop limp feels wrong to me, now that I look at the hand. But once I've come in, I see raising a donkey's flop bet with one loose limper and a tight BB behind me as a play I'll make alot in these games. It's a feel thing, but perhaps I'm over-reaching with plays like this in small pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the key is that the pot is very small and that even if your hand is best now, it's very vulnerable. And I'm not sure we're best here, even against a donkey.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:33 AM

I had one more thought on this. I generally play one table of hold'em and one of stud, so I'm paying pretty close attention. I wonder if plays like these, which are marginal anyway, lose all merit if you are playing four tables and can't sharply focus on the precise table dynamics at each one.