Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Botchy Dud/Dutch Boyd

This has already been mentioned on a couple other forums, but I thought I'd mention it here since many of us don't get out of the Zoo.

This is quite amusing to me.
Read a entry in Dutch's blog: here

Then read an entry in this parody blog:here

Enjoy
Old 02-28-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Botchy Dud/Dutch Boyd

So according to a blog entry he's manic-depressive and was recently hospitalized. The drama never ends for him.

From his site I learned that he was home-schooled which lends more evidence to my theory that people that were home-schooled are more likely to end up whacked-out than people that aren't.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:31 PM

Does Dutch still owe people money? If so, why is he playing tournament poker like it's a casual hobby? There are millions of ways to make a good living.. and Dutch, being as educated as he is, should know that and stop pursuing gambling as a career.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:35 PM

This is my favourite quote:

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, though, I really believe that you can will a certain card to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazingly this is from Dutch's and not Botchy's blog.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:37 PM

Just because you're born with advantages doesn't mean you won't turn out a loser.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:38 PM

Looks like ZeeJustin got a shoutout in an earlier posting

"Big shout out to everybody Gianna and I met and hung with in Copenhagen. Brad, Joe Plummer and his dad, ZeeJustin..."
Old 02-28-2005, 07:48 PM

FYI

This willing a card to come was proven to be a true phenomenon by Mel Gibson in the movie "Maverick".

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma
Old 03-01-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So according to a blog entry he's manic-depressive and was recently hospitalized. The drama never ends for him.

From his site I learned that he was home-schooled which lends more evidence to my theory that people that were home-schooled are more likely to end up whacked-out than people that aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, but listening to the guy and watching him on ESPN as the WSOP...he kept reminding me of an acquaintance of mine from high school. This guy was extremely high on himself, kept claiming that he had a genius IQ (and he was very smart -- but probably not as smart as he thought he was), finished high school in three years, breezed through university...and all the while kept reminding everyone of how great he was.

Well, the next thing you know, he disappears. Nobody knows where he'd gone. He just dropped off the face the Earth all of a sudden, it seemed. Turns out he was in the loony bin after suddenly deciding one day that he was the next coming of Jesus Christ. He'd begun preaching in the hallways at his school and trying to do stuff like baptizing people.

He was diagnosed as being bi-polar while he was institutionalized. He was finally released from the hospital after a year or so...but would continue to go from one day where he would tell us that he was the greatest human being who ever lived, to the next day wanting to kill himself.

Anyway, when this guy was in one of his manic phases, he was the spitting image of Dutch Boyd...it's almost creepy.