FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rigged?
f u, I couldn't care less and I can't believe I clicked on this thread 6 35.29%
I didn't see the show 2 11.76%
yes - she was told what to do 8 47.06%
No - the ending was pretty much reality 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: How many times have you been pulled over...

Pulled over once for speeding, got a ticket (40 in a 25 school zone)

Could have gotten in much more trouble a couple months later. I was driving home with the lady after a party, and she suggests we pull over for "something." I take the hint and pull over ASAP. So a minute later I'm on top of her in the reclined passenger seat, and I see a cop approach. He stops next to the car, waits about 5 seconds, and drives off. Needless to say, I went home that night with a set of blue balls like no other.

Not only is it illegal in VA to have sex in a vehicle, but the police here are super strict on drunk driving and underage drinking. If you are charged in with DUI in VA, it is on your record for 7 years, regardless of whether or not you get convicted. I personally think that's BS, but what can I do.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 PM

Ive been pulled over 7 times, 0 tickets. God bless professional curtesy (read: Dad's a cop, uncles a cop, cousins a cop). They see the shield in the wallet and just look at you, and send you along on your merry way.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im pretty sure ive been pulled over at least 30 times

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think this is impossible without jail or you just hoovering state trooper cock like it's going out of style.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:46 PM

not impossible at all
my total is boosted by the fact that i: was into street racing, drove my 95 mustang up until 2003 with an inspection sticker that was due in 97, rarely wear seatbelts, find it difficult to keep my 01gix1000 anywhere near a speed limit, got 3 tickets almost immediately after getting my license.
i have 0 points on my license (now)
Old 12-07-2005, 09:55 PM

15+

actual tickets: i think 7?
warnings: 10+
no warning, just let go: dozens

i drive fast and i know this but i am surprised at how many people have either never had a ticket or only had one. i would be interested in an age range comparison to tickets as well.

EDIT: now that i think about it i am at a little bit of a disadvantage since i have driven all over the country. out of my 7 tickets (that i can think of at this moment?) only 2 are in texas and the other 5 have been in different states
Old 12-07-2005, 10:10 PM

1. Speeding, 70 in 50. Just over the I-5 bridge into OR but just before the limit changed back to 55.
2. Speeding, 85 in a 65, $300 ticket ([censored] hood river, OR). Oh yeah, so it was on I-84 E and I slowed down to about 50, pulled into the right lane, and cruised the remaining half mile or so to the exit and the town and a lit area. Cops supposedly understand if you don't want to pull over on the dark freeway but this one didn't. As soon as we stopped every car in the hood river police department surrounded us and he slowly approached with his hand on his gun. Then he lecutred me THEN he gave me the ticket. Bastard.

3. Speeding, around 85 in a 70, verbal warning only. Fortunetly for me it was about 500 yards from pierce county where the speed limit is lower and they don't look so kindly on that kind of thing.

4. "Driving without lights on" (but really suspicious of DUI). I just pulled away from the bar and hadn't turned on my lights so he pulled me over. Talked to me for a bit, I had actually had two beers so that's what I told him [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. He quickly figured out I wasn't drunk at all though.

5. Speed trap on I-90 east out of seattle, 80 or something I dunno in a 65.

6. Expired plates. The cop was pretty cool though, he didn't even want to write me a ticket but then I'd forgotten to change my insurance card and it was expired. So there I was in an unregistered car with no proof of insurance and out of state plates. He wrote me the ticket for insurance to cover his own ass and then I got it dismissed later at court.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 PM

I'm in the 15 plus category with probably 7-8 tickets. I was on a hell of a streak until I was 18 or so. I had been pulled over 4 times with no ticket. The end of the streak was kind of humorous.

I was going to a party with 5 friends in my car. Most of us had just dropped acid and had about 20 minutes before it kicked in. The house we were going to was about 5 miles away. I pulled up behind a car at a stop light and could see that there was an elderly guy behind the wheel talking to a kid in the seat next to him. The light turned green and they kept yakcing, so I honked at him. He turned around and glared at me. So [censored] him, and I passed him on the shoulder and sped off. Turns out he was an off-duty detective in an unmarked car. He called in a squad car so he could write me tickets for: improper use of a warning device, improper passing, and speeding. This was pretty weird with a head full of acid, but we all kept it together...
Old 12-07-2005, 10:40 PM

I've never been pulled over and it never made sense to me since I tend to drive way too fast pretty much everywhere traffic conditions allow.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 PM

Too many to recall, but I'm old.

One I do remember was getting stopped at gun point by two off-duty cops. They never searched my car which had 1/4 lb. under the front seat.

Another time got pulled over by 4 squad cars, major search, and they missed the 38 auto I had under the dash.

But I was young then.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:51 PM

Over 20...serious. At least 3 times were for no reason or "looking suspicious". 2 times resulted in arrest for posession of marijuana (4 years ago - both times). Around 30% resulted in no ticket at all (experience with talking to cops). Taking that a step further, I've probably talked my way out of getting arrested at least 5 times (drunk driving, weed posession, etc). Things I've been pulled over for off the top of my head - speeding 3 or 4 times, running red light, illegal u turn, driving through a gas station, not using turn signal, not coming to complete stop while turning right at a light, headlight out, no seatbelt, on the phone, music too loud, driving in HOV lane...god I should just get a limo driver. Also, I've been pulled over by local po-po, state troopers, & one time a DT in a taxi cab when I was living in NYC (that was one of the "you looked suspicious" ones).