Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Has anyone had any luck in the Pacific NL MTT?

I won the $10K guaranteed a couple of months back and after that I peaced that place out for a while. A LONG while! You know why! Anyhoo, I decided that I needed to brush up on my tournament skills again so I put some money back into my acct at Pacific and was plugging away at their tournaments. So far, I have been busted out early by some of the craziest hands known to man (ie flop trips lose to runner runner flush, trips losing to gutshots that call an all in on flop). I know that I can't win every tourney but I such a great run there at one point I was placing in the money everytime I would enter one of the tournaments. The key is to survive to the first break and then it is smooth sailing. Has anyone had luck here recently?
Old 09-16-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Has anyone had any luck in the Pacific NL MTT?

i have had a good run on pacific,ive won the $30,$20,and the $5 multi table tourneys,and placed in them also,not every time but very consistant.the best strategy i find for them is to make it past the first break,and then start playing,if you know what i mean.try not to play fancy before the break,as some of the poorer players will suck out on you,let them get eliminated first,then play your normal game.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Has anyone had any luck in the Pacific NL MTT?

Yeah that is the key...to make it to the first break. If anyone notices that the bulk of the field is gone by the first 1/2 hour of the tourneys. I love how people seem to have money to burn and will play and call everything. It makes it more profitable for the people who have their best hands hold up. Sometimes you get a bad break but we all know those things happen.