Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: FWIW - Installing Additional Party Skins

What about like, Eurobet and MultiPoker. Do you have to do all this to create new accounts on these sites as well?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: A Bell Goes Off - Conflict with XP?

The files in the prefetch folder are automatically created by the OS to optimize disk operations during computer startup. To vastly oversimplify, XP knows you like to use this stuff and reads the disk in advance of need.

That means the Party client is not doing anything special to create these files. But it is certainly possible that it is looking for them. Deleting them before trying a new signup can't possibly hurt.

Actually you don't need anything in the prefetch directory. Some people recommend cleaning it out once in a while to get rid of obsolete or rarely used stuff.

People who post reports on new signups should list the version of Windows they are using like you did. Your OP is a model for how to describe a signup attempt.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the info on this. I've been using relatives computers to add additional accounts (which, BTW, I think is the easiest solution), But I'm starting to run out of those and might need to go this route.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:58 PM

I'm REALLY saavy!!

...just not about computers.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:17 PM

What I plan on doing when I move to Party and their skins is going around my campus to different computer labs and signing up for each skin in a different lab.

I also recommend the local library for those who are not near a university with system access.

I am fairly savvy about computers, having worked with them since I was 6(I'm 20 now). Yeah, I'm a nerd. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I still remember the first computer my family bought, back somewhere in 1990-1991.

It was a 486, with MS-DOS 5 on it. I have fond memories of playing Wheel Of Fortune on it for hours.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:51 PM

I too did not have any problems signing up with a party skin, as I did so just this past weekend. I uninstalled Party Poker (nothing more), and then downloaded PokerNOW, I have a slightly different username (one letter difference) and a different email address. I also had to use Neteller to deposit money into this account vs. direct link to my bank account with Party.

My question though, do you think this will have any impact on my rake rebate?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:38 PM

I installed Empire on a clean computer (my brother's). I opened an account but did not deposit funds. Does anyone know, can I deposit funds from my computer or do I have to use my brother's again?

Thanks for any replies!
Todd
Old 02-16-2005, 05:21 PM

If you have Windows XP can't you just set up a new user account an install it on there? That should work.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:25 PM

I've been able to register for an additional skin in the past 24 hours without uninstalling anything at all. I simply deleted UCID, downloaded the new skin (with the other skins still on the machine), and signed up. I have Windows 98, suggesting that their new fix might have something to do with newer versions of windows.

Also, I notice that both times I've put new skins on, it pops up an explorer window with a complex url that has "firstinstall" or something like that in it, so that might be a useful tip as well.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have Windows XP can't you just set up a new user account an install it on there? That should work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone give more details about this?

I've tried the method above with no luck, that way always worked for me up untill the 11th.

I tried to make a new XP account and do it that way but it didn't work, which wasn't really surprising since most of my programs were still there.