Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Limit O8 hand, BB special.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
6 players limp in, the sb folds, and I check.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
I check, UTG bets, 3 players limp, I raise, and everybody calls. (8.75 big bets)

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
I bet, UTG raises, one player folds, and the turn becomes capped 4-way. (24.75 big bets)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
I bet, UTG raises, a limper calls all-in, the last limper folds, I 3-bet, UTG caps, I call.

Final Pot: 33.62 big bets.

No real read on UTG except that this was an early hand in the session, and this was the first pot I'd played since he sat down.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Limit O8 hand, BB special.

The flop checkraise worked well and is probably a good idea. UTG either has 66 or T6, and if he'll play both the same way you are in decent shape. The callers help. Just calling the river raise is probably more reasonable. If he's loose enough to play trips this fast on the flop (and fill up on the turn/river), you have more leverage to reraise the river.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Limit O8 hand, BB special.

Looks like quads vs. top full, unless UTG is a complete [censored] retard.